COUGHS SNEEZES AND NOSE BLOWS, OH MY!
- 16 percent -- Wiping runny nose on hands or sleeve
- 15 percent -- Not covering mouth/nose when sneezing
- 12 percent -- Not covering mouth when coughing
- 9 percent -- Not washing hands frequently
- 8 percent -- Leaving dirty tissues on desk
- Always use soap when washing your hands and be sure to scrub for a minimum of 15 seconds to 30 seconds to effectively remove germs.
- Use hand-sanitizer in addition to (and not in place of) hand-washing, as sanitizers are not as effective as soap and water at removing germs and bacteria.
- Always dry your hands after washing, as germs and bacteria can be more easily transferred to and from wet hands.
- Dry your hands with paper towels instead of air dryers to help remove germs and bacteria as air dryers can increase bacteria counts.