- Kate McKinnon from SNL is going to provide the voice for Mrs. Frizzle in a Netflix reboot of "The Magic School Bus."
- They're saying that some women are so upset about Nordstrom dropping Ivanka Trump's fashion line that they're cutting up their Nordstrom cards. Know anyone?
- Blondie and Garbage are going to tour together this summer in a "Rage and Rapture Tour."
- Mike Tirico is going to replace Bob Costas as NBC's Olympics Primetime Host.
- Singer Al Jarreau sent out an email to ticket holders and announced that he's done touring for good.
- There's an uptick in people taking funeral selfies -- selfies with an open casket in plain view behind them. Ew.
- Michael Jackson's mother Katherine has claimed that she was abused for years by her nephew, Trent Lamar Jackson.
- CBS This Morning co-host Charlie Rose underwent surgery yesterday to have his aortic valve replaced.
- Domino's has launched a wedding registry, so couples can register their love for pizza.
- Golfer Jordan Spieth lashed out at professional autograph collectors the other day, calling them "scums."
- And now it's up to three New England Patriots who are going to say "No thanks" to the traditional White House championship visit, because of President Trump.
- San Francisco is going to be the first city in the country to offer free City College tuition to all of their residents, regardless of need.
- Starbucks is offering employees free legal advice in the wake of the travel ban.
- GM has sold 10 million cars in a year for the first time ever. The biggest increase came from sales in China.
- The Merriam-Webster dictionary has added over 1,000 new words this week, including the word "photobomb."
- According to a new survey, almost a third of people say their co-workers spend more time talking about politics than business.
- Christie Brinkley's ex, Peter Cook, is dating a 21-year-old college sophomore. He's 58.
- Aretha Franklin has announced this will be her last year of performances. At the end of 2017, she's retiring.
- The largest IKEA store in America opened up in Burbank, California, on Wednesday.
- Mark Cuban says Trump probably won't last four years. Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson says Trump probably won't last four years. What do they know that we don't?
- Ashley Judd and Madonna are promoting the idea of a "Day Without Women," where all women would stay at home and make the world go on without them.
Friday, February 10, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Oh No Thanks - I'm Off Bread! Turns out we humans have been eating bread a really long time - at least 4,000 years even before farming ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...