- That would be years old, not inches around.
- To say he's outspoken is like saying the ocean is wet.
- The former NBA star is so big, when he wants to date, he places an ad in the multiple listings.
- He's so huge, over the past several months he's developed three moons.
- Some thought he might someday become our 51st state.
President's Day -- A day set aside to honor all of the U.S. presidents. We often think of two great presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln when we celebrate this holiday since it falls by design between their birthdays. But this day is really a tribute to every person who has served in the office as President of the U.S. It's a national holiday, with banks and the post office closing.
"Love Your Pet Day --
Pet Owners Survey. The figure is up from just about a third of all canines who cozied up for an overnight snooze with their owners revealed during a previous survey. Cat owners are just as nuts for cozying up with their feline friends. 51% said their kitties snooze anywhere they fancy, which is usually snuggled up in bed with their people. Other fascinating facts about our animal amigos revealed:
- A whopping 63% of all American households have at least one pet. But contrast, only about one-third of homes have a child under the age of 18, according to the Census Bureau.
- We spend a staggering $34 billion a year on pet products and services, according to the Census Bureau's reckoning of retail sales. That's more than we spend on hardware and even on jewelry.
- 90 million cats have places in our hearts and homes.
- 74 million pooches share our home and hearth, representing an 18% increase from seven years ago.
- We're very democratic in our love of different species. 41% of homes with a dog also count a cat as part of the family, blowing the myth that the four-footers fight like, well, cats and dogs.