- Hurricane Irma has now made a category 5 storm and is headed towards Florida.
- Colin Trevorrow is no longer directing "Star Wars: Episode IX," Lucasfilm said Tuesday.
- A French court has ordered Closer magazine in France to pay the equivalent of $118,000 in civil damages and a further $107,000 in fines for publishing topless pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge while on holiday in Provence in 2012.
- In Raleigh, North Carolina, a man accused of killing his wife says he did it because he took too much cold medicine.
- The son of Alabama's co-offensive coordinator Mike Locksley was found shot and died a short while later in Baltimore Sunday night. He was 25.
- After spending 665 days whizzing 254 miles above the surface of Earth aboard the International Space Station, Astronaut Peggy Whitson has touched down safely in Kazakhstan.
- Terrell Owens is going to be in the next season of Dancing With The Stars, and will be paired up with Cheryle Burke.
- In the latest issue of Vanity Fair, Meghan Markle says that she and Prince Harry are "in love."
- Lego has cut 1400 jobs due to falling sales, as kids are drawn more to electronic diversions.
- This Friday, Krispy Kreme is bringing back their Pumpkin Spice Donuts but only for one day and while supply lasts.
- Paper parking tickets are on their way out. Several cities are experimenting with digital tickets. Hey, they've got your license number. Check your email or else.
- If you go to Nintendo's website, they say now that Mario is no longer a plumber, but that he WAS one a long time ago.
- Jennifer Lawrence and her latest boyfriend, director Darren Aronofsky, took their romance public at the Venice Film Festival. For those keeping score at home, she's 27, he's 48.
- Sharon Osbourne says that Ozzie cheated on her with six different women and, according to Sharon, "none of them were show ponies."
- Just in time for the holiday shopping season, there is now a Weird Al Action Figure doll.
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Okay, so you're not Helen of Troy, Cleopatra, Marilyn Monroe, or some other great sex goddess of the past or present -- but you'd st...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...