- A whopping 63% of all American households have at least one pet. But contrast, only about one-third of homes have a child under the age of 18, according to the Census Bureau.
- We spend a staggering $34 billion a year on pet products and services, according to the Census Bureau's reckoning of retail sales. That's more than we spend on hardware and even on jewelry.
- 90 million cats have places in our hearts and homes.
- 74 million pooches share our home and hearth, representing an 18% increase from seven years ago.
- We're very democratic in our love of different species. 41% of homes with a dog also count a cat as part of the family, blowing the myth that the four-footers fight like, well, cats and dogs.
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
In The Dog House
A husband may wind up in the doghouse some days but not our dogs. 41% of our precious pooches now share our beds according to the National Pet Owners Survey. The figure is up from just about a third of all canines who cozied up for an overnight snooze with their owners revealed during a previous survey. Cat owners are just as nuts for cozying up with their feline friends. 51% said their kitties snooze anywhere they fancy, which is usually snuggled up in bed with their people. Other fascinating facts about our animal amigos revealed:
Not Enough Fish in the Sea? A divorcee seeking a wealthy boyfriend has won $17,000 in damages from an elite British dating agency called Se...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...