SIGNS YOU HAVE A HORRIBLE BOSS TOO
- 42% of employees reported that their boss was concerned more with saving his or her own job than with developing and assisting employees to be productive.
- 42% said they failed to receive things that were promised more than once over the past year. More than 25% said they failed to receive things more than five times in the same time period.
- More than 40% of workers said they would not acknowledge their boss if they ran into him or her on the street.
- 40% agreed with the statement that "the only fun thing about work is leaving."
- 34% reported that their boss is "two-faced," in that he or she is nice in person but speaks negatively behind the employee's back.
- 32% indicated that they work for a "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde."
- 29% felt that their boss would "throw them under the bus" if it meant saving the boss's own job.
- 24% caught their supervisor in a direct lie but never received an apology or explanation.
- 20% have heard a supervisor tell a co-worker that he or she could "get them fired if they wanted to."