- Payless Shoe stores are said to be getting ready to file for bankruptcy as soon as next week.
- The guy who gave us "The Dating Game," "The Newlywed Game" and who was the host of "The Gong Show" Chuck Barris has died. He was 87.
- Meanwhile, Sears is warning that they have "substantial doubt" about their financial future.
- Not surprising that sales of Chuck Berry music have gone up 9000% this week.
- Six of the seven biggest film companies in Hollywood are getting behind the idea of releasing movies on demand just weeks after they hit theaters.
- A massage parlor in Germany has a trained python that knows how to give neck massages. Would you?
- The series finale of "Bones" is next Tuesday night.
- A study says having sex with your partner brings 48 hours of an "afterglow."
- Airlines are expecting a 4% rise in passengers this spring.
- The NFL is proposing shortening overtime to 10 minutes instead of 15.
- Bill Gates is ranked as the world's richest person for the fourth straight year with a net worth of $86.8 billion.
- A London woman who performed a cover of an Ed Sheeran song on Facebook was banned by the site for three days.
- The former owner of a dry-cleaning shop in California was arrested for defrauding customers out of $350,000.
- A survey says one in ten Americans say they will die in debt.
- If you would like to attend this year's Burning Man, you have to register online first. The deadline to register is tomorrow at noon PT.
- You no longer have to make a beer run in Seattle, Columbus or Cincinnati. In those three cities, you can order beer, wine or spirits through your Amazon Echo and Alexa will have it to you in less than two hours. Delivered.
- Someone who's not a fan of Katey Sagal's new memoir, "Grace Notes" is Gene Simmon's daughter, Sophie. That's because, in the book, Katey reveals that she had affair with Sophie's dad, Gene Simmons of KISS.
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay's Funny or Die website is closing its New York offices. Staff has been told they can either relocate to L.A. or be laid off.
- Bill Paxton's death was triggered by an aneurysm that required surgery which resulted in a fatal stroke.
- Wheel of Fortune fans are talking about the contestant who had the puzzle, "A Streetcar Na_ed Desire" and the guy asked for a K.
Thursday, March 23, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
On this date in 1792, President Washington signed an act creating the U.S. Postal Service. Before that, when people had a break down, they w...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...