Model Kathy Ireland turns 54 today. Missed a St. Patrick's birthday by 3 days. How perfect would that have been? When I say, "Some day, I'd like to visit Ireland," that's who I'm referring to.
Actress Holly Hunter turns 59 today. She's at the stage of being an actress where the best jobs are on TNT.
Spike Lee hits the big 6-0 today! Wow! He plans an enjoyable night courtside at Madison Square Garden because the Knicks are out of town.
Basketball coach Pat Riley turns 72 today. Nothing special planned. Just going out and having the oil changed on his hair.
Carl Reiner is still around and Tweeting at age 95!
National Proposal Day -- Have folks propose or reafirm their love for each other. Here are Cosmopolitan's ten ways NOT to get him to propose:
- Gain 35 pounds to show him how sexy you'll look pregnant.
- Freak out whenever he utters "Will you...," then act all depressed when the words "...marry me" don't follow. Practice on these: "Will you... pass the remote?" or "Will you... stop staring at me like that?"
- Surreptitiously change his ring tone to "Chapel of Love."
- Since the theory is that all guys are looking for their mother, start wearing pleated elastic-waist jeans, appliqued vests, and jewelry that looks like fruit.
- Buy an old-fashioned alarm clock and place it by his bed. Tell him that this is your biological clock. Make sure it ticks - loud.
- Constantly call his best friend "excellent best-man material."
- At a family party, tap your spoon on your glass and say, "Everybody, I think Pete wanted to ask me a special question while you were all here tonight. Sweetie?"
- Not that you'd ever bribe anyone, but explain to your man that if you were to get engaged, he could register for the motorbike he's always wanted. Hey someone might buy it for him.
- Oh so casually request "Babe, can you scratch my ring finger? It's kinda itchy."
- Remind him that the's not getting any younger -- or any closer to actually knowing Amy Adams.