- Olympic gold medalist Aly Raisman is suing the U.S. Olympic Committee and USA Gymnastics over her sexual abuse.
- "*M*A*S*H" star David Ogden Stiers died on Saturday at the age of 75 after losing his battle with bladder cancer.
- Roger Bannister, who ran the first under-4-minute mile, died over the weekend. He was 88.
- And now a male gymnast has come forward and said he was molested by Dr. Larry Nassar while in the Olympic program.
- There's a "9 to 5" sequel in the works that supposedly will include Dolly Parton, Jane Fonda and Lilly Tomlin.
- Also included in this year's Oscar goody bag: a key-ring sized pepper spray, a gel pepper spray, two personal body alarms and a kit to test whether your drink has been drugged.
- In Georgia, a 2-year-old girl was crushed to death at a Payless Shoe store by an unsecured mirror.
- American Chopper star Paul Teutul Jr. has filed for bankruptcy.
- Friends say that Tori Spelling had a "major meltdown" at her California home last Thursday, due to all the stresses in her life.
- Apple is on track to become the world's first $1 trillion company, by the end of May.
- Alabama could make it illegal to smoke in a car with a child under 19.
- Pizza Hut has replaced Papa John's as the NFL's official pizza.
- The NHL gave people in Seattle a chance to put down a deposit for season tickets for an eventual NHL team there, hoping that 10,000 people would step forward. 10,000 signed up within the first 12 minutes... and within two hours, 25,000 had plunked money down.
- After the Millennials, it's "Generation C."
- Jennifer Lawrence says she had heard the rumors that she was dating Brad Pitt. It wasn't true, but she was in no hurry to deny it.
- A new study says that selfies make your nose look 30% bigger. Just thought you should know.
- Weird Al dropped a Hamilton parody song on Friday, with Lin-Manuel Miranda's blessing.
- When Oprah heard that "A Wrinkle in Time" co-star Mindy Kaling had her baby in December, she sent Mindy a baby gift... that had to be delivered by two men in a U-Haul. A hand-carved bookcase that contained a hundred of the classic essential books in children's literature.
- O.J. Simpson inferred that he had an assistant in the Nicole Brown/Ron Goldman murders when he did a "If I did it" hypothetical interview a year ago.
- Lacoste is swapping its crocodile logo for endangered species.
- Companies in Sweden are trying something new: mandatory exercise at work.
- In Miami, homeowners got quite a scare when a raft crashed through the roof of their house. Turns out it had been accidentally dropped by the Canadian Air Force.
- Instagram may soon add video and voice calling.
Monday, March 5, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
In 1959 The Coasters record "Poison Ivy" in New York. In 1963 The Beach Boys record "In My Room" and "Catch A Wav...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...