- Our top 10 guilty green behaviors are:
- Wasting food: 39%
- Leaving the lights on after leaving a room: 27%
- Wasting water: 27%
- Not unplugging chargers/electronics when not in use: 22%
- Not recycling things: 21%
- Forgetting to bring reusable bags to the store: 20%
- Letting the water run while brushing teeth, washing dishes, etc.: 20%
- Not buying CFLs or LEDs: 9%
- Not sticking to an energy-efficient thermostat setting: 7%
- Using chemical lawn or plant fertilizers: 6%
Wednesday, April 12, 2017
GUILTY GREEN BEHAVIORS
Of all the "un-green" things that Americans could feel guilty about -- from not recycling to forgetting to bring reusable bags to the store -- we feel the most guilt about wasting food, according to a national survey called Eco Pulse from the Shelton Group. "This is an issue that gets right to the core of who we are as Americans. We were all taught to waste not, want not, and trained that wasting food equals being a bad person," said Suzanne Shelton, founder and CEO of Shelton Group. "Yet the average household throws out 470 pounds of food every year, making it the largest component in our nation's landfills. So I'm afraid we have plenty to feel guilty about."
Scotty McCreery Is Married: Former American Idol Winner Weds Gabi Dugal. Scotty McCreery is officially off the market! The 24-year-old Ameri...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...