- Our top 10 guilty green behaviors are:
- Wasting food: 39%
- Leaving the lights on after leaving a room: 27%
- Wasting water: 27%
- Not unplugging chargers/electronics when not in use: 22%
- Not recycling things: 21%
- Forgetting to bring reusable bags to the store: 20%
- Letting the water run while brushing teeth, washing dishes, etc.: 20%
- Not buying CFLs or LEDs: 9%
- Not sticking to an energy-efficient thermostat setting: 7%
- Using chemical lawn or plant fertilizers: 6%
Wednesday, April 12, 2017
GUILTY GREEN BEHAVIORS
Of all the "un-green" things that Americans could feel guilty about -- from not recycling to forgetting to bring reusable bags to the store -- we feel the most guilt about wasting food, according to a national survey called Eco Pulse from the Shelton Group. "This is an issue that gets right to the core of who we are as Americans. We were all taught to waste not, want not, and trained that wasting food equals being a bad person," said Suzanne Shelton, founder and CEO of Shelton Group. "Yet the average household throws out 470 pounds of food every year, making it the largest component in our nation's landfills. So I'm afraid we have plenty to feel guilty about."
(Men's Health) Deep, refreshing rest doesn't just happen. Different factors inside and outside your body must come together. Here ar...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...