- Jonathan Demme, the movie director whose work ranged from thrillers like "The Silence of the Lambs" to documentaries on leading musicians, died on Wednesday of cancer, his publicist said. He was 73.
- Nordstrom is selling work jeans that are pre-stained with mud, designer jeans that is, for $425 a pair.
- A new PR nightmare for United Airlines -- a giant bunny flying from Britain to its new owners in Chicago died somewhere -- the owner says it died on board the plane, while United said it arrived alive but died in storage holding area.
- China has launched their first aircraft carrier actually built by themselves.
- Fox News is facing renewed legal claims that it mistreated non-white employees, a week after the network severed ties with its biggest star over unrelated sexual harassment complaints.
- Caitlyn Jenner says that she's open to running for political office.
- The 5th Indiana Jones movie is happening. Harrison Ford will star, Steven Spielberg will direct. It'll arrive in theaters on July 10th, 2020, three days before Harrison Ford's 78th birthday.
- Negotiations continue, but as now there could be a TV writer's strike starting on Tuesday.
- "Frozen 2," "Star Wars: Episode 9" and a "Lion King" movie are all coming out in 2019.
- The second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs is underway.
- The next edition of the video game "Call of Duty" will return to its World War II roots.
- McDonald's enjoyed better-than-expected profits in the first quarter thanks to the new Big Mac roll-out and their expanded all-day breakfast service.
- Just so you know, Donald Trump's plans include cutting corporate taxes to 15% and taking away the deduction for 401K's.
- In Mountain View, California, the home of Google, one of its co-founders Sergey Brin has been secretly working on his own private blimp.
- ESPN cut over 100 employees yesterday.
- Aretha Franklin has apparently reignited her feud with singer Dionne Warwick.
- The 103rd annual White House Correspondents Dinner is this Saturday at the Washington Hilton, but it will be without President Trump. Instead, the president will be attending a big rally in Pennsylvania.
- Last Saturday, Kenny G decided to treat passengers on a Delta flight to a private mini-concert.
- This week, Astronaut Peggy Whitson set a record for the longest time spent in space by an American astronaut. She will have spent more than 650 days in space by the time she returns to Earth in September. The previous U.S. record for cumulative time in space was 534 days, 2 hours and 48 minutes, held by Jeff Williams.
Thursday, April 27, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
The 100's Clarke and Madi Fight Over Life and Death in Sneak Peek. Never has Clarke seemed more like a mom than in this week's episo...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...