- Swedish and Norwegian newspapers didn't do any April Fools' Day jokes this year because of fears they might spread "fake news."
- The Montana Roman Catholic diocese will declare bankruptcy as part of a settlement over sex abuse claims.
- Oregon is getting ready to double its recycling rate to ten cents for cans and bottles.
- Caterpillar is closing a plant in Illinois and lay off 800 workers.
- A Massachusetts man is suing Dunkin' Donuts for putting fake butter on his bagel.
- Tiger Woods will not be competing in this year's Masters. While Ernie Els is preparing to play in what could be his final Masters.
- A Florida couple has set a world's record for seniors with more than 90% of their bodies covered by tattoos.
- Researchers claim that CEOs who play a lot of golf run companies that tend to underperform.
- Budweiser says its beer will be brewed using renewable energy by 2025.
- McDonald's says it is going to use fresh beef (not frozen) in its Quarter Pounders by next year.
- Silverado High (Las Vegas) decided not to retain former four-time Pro Bowler Randall Cunningham as its football coach.
- Hollywood legend Doris Day turned 95 yesterday.
- A 13-year-old New York girl who dropped her cellphone onto subway tracks was struck and killed by a train when she tried to retrieve it.
- J-Lo and A-Rod are still an item and seen walking arm in arm around New York.
- The music world continues to evolve. Records went to cassettes that became CD's and then digital downloads. Now, for the first time, streaming from Spotify, Apple, Pandora, even Tidal now accounts for 51% of all music sales. Actual CDs sold–the total money value was down 20% from 2015 to 2016. Digital permanent downloads were the same or worse.
- John Cena proposed to his girlfriend Nikki Bella at Wrestlemania 33 Saturday night. She said 'yes.'
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...