- Don Rickles, the acidic stand-up comic who became world-famous not by telling jokes but by insulting his audience, died of kidney failure on Thursday at his home in Los Angeles. He was 90.
- Once again, The Masters is up and running again at the Augusta National Golf Club.
- John Glenn was buried at Arlington National Cemetery yesterday. He had died in December at the age of 95.
- It's the time of year that your favorite TV show may or may not be back. The shows that are on the bubble: ABC -- American Crime, The Catch, Fresh Off the Boat, Imaginary Mary, Last Man Standing, Quantico. NBC -- The Blacklist: Redemption, Emerald City, Grimm, Powerless. FOX -- The Exorcist, The Last Man on Earth, Making History, Pitch, Prison Break, 24: Legacy. CBS -- Code Black, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Elementary, The Great Indoors, 2 Broke Girls.
- President Trump is wrapping up his two-day summit today with China's Xi Jinping at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida.
- According to a Yale study, drinking a glass of wine causes a reaction to the sensory and emotional parts of the brain, giving it a workout unlike anything else we consume.
- A Writers Guild strike is looming and if things aren't settled, the writers will walk May 2nd. The biggest impact: all the late-night shows, from Kimmel to Fallon and everyone in-between, along with SNL, would be shut down.
- Police in Fresno, California, have a mystery on their hands. They found a mostly naked woman walking in the middle of a street with webbed-toes on each foot who said she was a mermaid named Joanna. They've been unable to determine exactly who she is.
- The National Archives has reached out to the White House and requested that all of the president's tweets be saved and preserved for history.
- Megyn Kelly is now free to start showing up on NBC whenever she wants.
- Donald Trump, Jr. is talking about running for governor of New York.
- David Schwimmer and his wife of 7 years, Zoe Buckman, have separated.
- At the opening-day game for the Washington Nationals, fans unfurled a giant "Impeach Trump" banner in the stadium.
- UPS says they're going to start delivering packages on Saturdays.
- Kentucky is already listed as the odds-on favorite for the 2018 NCAA basketball championships.
- A town in Canada has switched over to Uber for its public transportation.
- They're calling that whole Pepsi/Kendall Jenner debacle Pepsicopalypse.
Friday, April 7, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Last Man Standing Revival Teaser With Tim Allen and Nancy Travis Tackles the Network Switch Head On. Have you heard? Last Man Standing is re...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...