- Don Rickles, the acidic stand-up comic who became world-famous not by telling jokes but by insulting his audience, died of kidney failure on Thursday at his home in Los Angeles. He was 90.
- Once again, The Masters is up and running again at the Augusta National Golf Club.
- John Glenn was buried at Arlington National Cemetery yesterday. He had died in December at the age of 95.
- It's the time of year that your favorite TV show may or may not be back. The shows that are on the bubble: ABC -- American Crime, The Catch, Fresh Off the Boat, Imaginary Mary, Last Man Standing, Quantico. NBC -- The Blacklist: Redemption, Emerald City, Grimm, Powerless. FOX -- The Exorcist, The Last Man on Earth, Making History, Pitch, Prison Break, 24: Legacy. CBS -- Code Black, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Elementary, The Great Indoors, 2 Broke Girls.
- President Trump is wrapping up his two-day summit today with China's Xi Jinping at his Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida.
- According to a Yale study, drinking a glass of wine causes a reaction to the sensory and emotional parts of the brain, giving it a workout unlike anything else we consume.
- A Writers Guild strike is looming and if things aren't settled, the writers will walk May 2nd. The biggest impact: all the late-night shows, from Kimmel to Fallon and everyone in-between, along with SNL, would be shut down.
- Police in Fresno, California, have a mystery on their hands. They found a mostly naked woman walking in the middle of a street with webbed-toes on each foot who said she was a mermaid named Joanna. They've been unable to determine exactly who she is.
- The National Archives has reached out to the White House and requested that all of the president's tweets be saved and preserved for history.
- Megyn Kelly is now free to start showing up on NBC whenever she wants.
- Donald Trump, Jr. is talking about running for governor of New York.
- David Schwimmer and his wife of 7 years, Zoe Buckman, have separated.
- At the opening-day game for the Washington Nationals, fans unfurled a giant "Impeach Trump" banner in the stadium.
- UPS says they're going to start delivering packages on Saturdays.
- Kentucky is already listed as the odds-on favorite for the 2018 NCAA basketball championships.
- A town in Canada has switched over to Uber for its public transportation.
- They're calling that whole Pepsi/Kendall Jenner debacle Pepsicopalypse.
Friday, April 7, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...