- AAA estimates that 33 million Americans traveled somewhere over Memorial Day weekend. 88% of them on the highway.
- Gregg Allman died over the weekend of liver cancer. He was 69.
- A truck-trailer crashed into the famous Moonlite Bunny Ranch in Nevada early Thursday morning. None of the five employees, 30 female prostitutes and 10 customers inside at the time were injured.
- Ariana Grande announced that she's going to return to Manchester to perform a benefit concert for all the bombing victims.
- A California woman is suing Jelly Belly, saying that the company tricked her into thinking that a type of their jelly beans didn't contain sugar.
- Green Bay has been named America's Drunkest City. The city has 138 bars and more than 26% of adult residents regularly drink to excess or binge drink -- the national average is 18%.
- Apparently, the Katie Holmes/Jamie Foxx thing continues.
- Disney says that threat of cyber thieves stealing a copy of the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie and holding it for ransom... was apparently a hoax.
- According to a Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs there is a 76% chance of getting in a fight if you mix booze with an energy drink. Better to sip the liquor without the energy juice.
- Tim Tebow now has his own baseball card.
- A Florida woman was arrested for assaulting her ex with an order of pork fried rice.
- Brace yourself -- Adam Sandler's latest movie, "The Meyerowitz Stories," is actually getting some Oscar buzz. Never thought you'd see Adam Sandler and the word Oscar in the same sentence, did you?
- Chris Cornell was laid to rest Friday in the Hollywood Forever cemetery in Los Angeles. There are reports that he had fresh track marks in his arms.
- Two counselors at a Pennsylvania addiction treatment center were found dead last week of drug overdoses.
- Niall Horan says a One Direction reunion in the near-ish future isn't out of the question.
- Seattle is the fastest-growing city in America. Not a surprise to anyone who lives there.
- At last count, UK police had arrested 9 suspected accomplices in last week's Manchester bombing.
- So far "The Mummy" and "Wonder Woman" have both canceled their red carpet London premieres due to security concerns.
Tuesday, May 30, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 30, 2017
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...