- Actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for playing James Bond, has died of cancer at age 89. He played the famous spy in seven Bond films including "Live and Let Die" and "A View to a Kill."
- It's possible that O.J. Simpson could be paroled by this July.
- Apple is now more valuable than the city of Chicago. 40% more than the Windy City's GDP.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack at the Ariana Grande concert.
- Kodak is going to shift gears and get into the cell phone business. Why not, you use your phone as a camera as much as you do a phone.
- Dina Merrill, an heiress turned actress who starred in classic movies like 1960's "Butterfield 8" and 1963's "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" died Monday in East Hampton, New York. She was 93 and was the daughter of E.F. Hutton. She actually grew up in and was the previous owner of what is now Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Estate.
- A New York family says they were denied family early boarding privileges by Southwest Airlines because they were a same-sex couple.
- "Chicago Justice" was canceled by NBC after only one season.
- Katy Perry was offered $20 million to be a judge on the next version of "American Idol." She said, 'No, thanks.' They said "How about $25 million?" Katy said, "OK!"
- The corruption trial of the ousted South Korean President has begun.
- Yet another study, this one claiming that just one glass of wine a day can increase your breast cancer risk.
- Amazon Prime is starting to get into the live-TV business.
- Katy Perry admits that she and Taylor Swift are feuding. But, in Katy's words, "She started it and it's time for her to finish it."
- A new dating app called Gatsby allows you to search through what's available out there, while filtering out all those with a criminal record.
- The new Pirates of the Caribbean Movie will be the first shown in the new ScreenX format in the U.S. The only two theaters showing the 270-degree, multi-projector movie are in California.
- Ariana Grande has put her world tour on hold after that bombing incident in the U.K.
- There's apparently a live-action Pinocchio movie in the works.
- A waitress at a London hotel was allegedly fired for spending the night with Orlando Bloom. Apparently, employees are not supposed to fraternize with the guests.
- The Mike and Mike Show on ESPN is breaking up... but, until the final day, workers on the set say the two don't talk to each other unless the cameras are on.
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 24, 2017
Don't Work Too Hard Is France unfairly punishing hardworking business owners - or is it just protecting the people from overwork? Opini...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...