LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
- In 2006, University of Texas scientists discovered that those who attended religious services live 7 years longer.
- In 2006, the American Society of Hypertension found that churchgoers have lower blood pressure.
- In 2004, UCLA researchers found that religious students were healthier emotionally and mentally.
- A decade old study of patients with broken hips discovered that those who believed in God were less depressed and recovered sooner.
- Other studies concluded that believers with breast cancer recovered faster and those with arthritis and heart disease showed greater improvement.
- And a 1999 survey found that people who prayed regularly had stronger immune systems.