- Assess who you talk to the most. Is it a good mixture of men and women? Do you favor one friend over the others?
- Make your expectations very clear to your online friends.
- Do not engage in an intimate online conversation with someone who is not your spouse.
- Couples should set parameters about how much time and when they are online each day. If you're using Facebook at 2 a.m. when everyone else in the household is asleep, this could be the sign of a problem.
- Share your Facebook password with your spouse and vice-versa. That way you both know your Facebook private messages are not secret.