THE SCIENCE OF KISSING
- The science of kissing, yup, it is a bona fide science, is called philematology.
- The movie with the most kisses is Don Juan (1926) in which John Barrymore and Mary Astor locked lips 127 times.
- Passionate kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute or a whopping 384 calories an hour.
- Kissing is great for dental health. The anticipation of a smooch increases the flow of saliva, giving the teeth a plaque blasting bath.
- Under the Hays Code (1930-1968) actor kissing in American movies had to be sitting or standing, not lying down.
- And finally, when people kiss, they exchange between 10 million and 1 billion bacteria yet most of us live through it.