In 1929, the first regularly scheduled TV broadcasts begin (3 nights per week). The person who owned the TV said, "Oh, thank God! Finally, something to watch!"
On this date in 1947, B.F. Goodrich announced the development of the tubeless tire.
- Paving the way for the development of the artificial flat tire.
- Eventually, the people on the lake had nothing to float on.
- Ironically, while wearing tube sox.
- This forced several inner tube factories to go ahead and have their tubes tied.
- It caused a panic among kids, saying, "So what are we going to slide down snow on?"
In 1949, Siam officially changed its name to Thailand... after hearing the old "Yes, Siam" joke one too many times.
On this date in 1980, Wayne Newton bought the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas, but was extremely disappointed to find out the genie's wishes had already been used up.
Hard to believe we're exactly 6 months away from Veterans Day.
Blac Chyna turns 29 today. Her real name is Angela Renee White. Her real motive for dating Rob Kardashian? I think you've got that one.
Original MTV VJ Martha Quinn turns 58 today.
- Well, actually, she comes in regular and extra crispy.
- And now, back to the count up.
- She was once voted Rolling Stone's "Best VJ ever!" Today, she gathers moss.
Eric Burdon turns 76 today, although he's no longer an Animal.
- "Spill the Wine" isn't just a song anymore... it's a lifestyle.
- That 's 532 in 'Animal' years.
- Eric Burdon and the Animals gave us quite a few hits: "House of the Rising Sun," "Spill the Wine," "Spill the Wine in the House While Your Son Rises."