- A rare Harry Potter prequel handwritten by author J.K. Rowling on a postcard has been stolen during a burglary in central England, police said on Friday as they appealed for help from fans of the wizard across the world.
- The Mormon Church is severing ties with the Boy Scouts of America and plan to start up their own version of the program.
- A dozen TV series met their demise last Thursday, including "Dr. Ken," "Imaginary Mary" and "The Real O'Neals."
- The networks begin revealing their "Up Fronts" on Mondays -- a peek at what their fall lineups will look like.
- "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." has been given another season, while "Modern Family" has been extended for two more years.
- A report says taking the painkiller Ibuprofen just one day increases the risk of having a heart attack.
- A New York mom says an IHOP waitress pulled a steak knife on her during an argument.
- A ban on super-thin models has been put into effect in France.
- They're talking about Kelly Clarkson coming back as one of the judges on the reboot of "American Idol."
- Howard Stern caused the Internet to buzz when he did an unexpected last-minute cancellation of his satellite show last Wednesday. No reason given, speculation all over the board. First time he's missed a planned show since the 1980s.
- iTunes and Apple Music will be coming to the Windows Store by year's end.
- Rosie O'Donnell's "affair" with married former Broadway actress Dana Caruso Schiff is causing problems in Dana's divorce with her husband, investment banker David "Scott" Schiff.
- More problems on a United Airlines flight, this time one leaving Houston that had to be delayed several hours after a scorpion fell out of a passenger's clothes.
- First it was Zayn Malik, now former One Direction member Harry Styles has his own album out.
- Jay Z has signed a 10-year deal with Live Nation to the tune of $200 million.
- If you're a "Once Upon a Time" fan, we're hearing that The Wicked Witch of the West, Emma and Snow White and Prince Charming are all NOT coming back next season.
- New hepatitis C infections tripled between 2010 and 2015.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visits Seattle this week as part of a Microsoft CEO Summit.
- The Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl is moving from New Year's Eve... to New Year's Day.
- The second leg in horse racing's Triple Crown, the 142nd running of the Preakness, is this Saturday.
Monday, May 15, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 15, 2017