- Character actor Powers Boothe died over the weekend. He was 68. Google him and you'll say, "Oh, THAT guy." He was most recently Gideon Malick on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" and Rayna's dad on "Nashville."
- That wave of ransome-ware and malware continues. Be very careful about what you click on when it comes to your email and social media. There is some nasty stuff out there right now. By the way, that malware was supposedly stolen from the NSA.
- Now, it's Jet Blue's turn, as they had a run-in with a family from New Jersey flying to Las Vegas to celebrate a 40th birthday, and an issue evolved out of the birthday cake they were bringing on board. They ended up being kicked off the flight and refunded.
- A study says birds choose their neighbors based on their personality just like humans.
- A 110-million-year-old dinosaur fossil found in Canada is being called the best preserved ever.
- Wells Fargo may have opened 3.5 million bogus bank accounts, 67% more than previous estimates.
- Apparently "Avocado hand" injuries are increasing where people accidentally cut themselves while slicing an avocado.
- Apple is reportedly working on an iCar.
- New stats show that teenage drinking is down, but 1 in 6 teens still binge drink.
- Former Olympic skater Michelle Kwan has filed for divorce from her husband Clay Pell.
- You're going to get just one more season of "Scandal."
- Katy Perry's 5th studio album will be called "Witness," it'll be released this fall when she also launches a Witness concert tour.
- Kevin Hart and his wife are expecting their first child together, a baby boy.
- After record rains in the winter, the Pacific Northwest doesn't have any drought warnings for the first time since 2011.
- Miss District of Columbia won the Miss USA Title on Sunday night.
- Katy Perry is in talks to be a judge on the reboot of "American Idol."
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 16, 2017
Okay, so you're not Helen of Troy, Cleopatra, Marilyn Monroe, or some other great sex goddess of the past or present -- but you'd st...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...