- Ariana Grande is going to put on a benefit concert for the Manchester bombing victims in Manchester this Sunday, along with friends Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Katy Perry, Pharrel Williams and others.
- Miranda Kerr and Snapchat's Evan Spiegel were married last Saturday. That would be Orlando Bloom's ex.
- The former dictator of Panama, Manuel Noriega, has died. He was 83.
- Australia is considering a ban on anyone coming to their country who is a convicted pedophile.
- Americans made 433 million fewer trips to restaurants at lunchtime last year, resulting in roughly $3.2 billion in lost business for restaurants. It was the lowest level of lunch traffic in at least four decades.
- John Legend chipped in $5,000 to help pay off the lunch meal debt for Seattle Public Schools.
- The Memorial Day Weekend box office was the lowest it's been in 18 years.
- A female zookeeper was killed by a tiger at a zoo in Cambridge, England, on Monday.
- The Pacific Northwest is enjoying a record cherry crop this year.
- A Texas theater is getting flack for having a women-only showing of "Wonder Woman." By the way, it's sold out.
- Former Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda is home resting after having his pace-maker replaced last Friday.
- The due date approaches for Amal and George Clooney.
- The NBA Finals begin tomorrow. Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors for the third year in a row.
- It looks like another Jetsons movie is going to happen.
- The British Airways IT meltdown will cost the airline a reported $111 million.
- Estimates are that, during summer, 818 hot dogs are eaten every second.
- Cheerleading could become an Olympic sport by 2024.
- Google plans to build a $100 million blimp.
- Microsoft's video game streaming service has changed its name from "Beam" to "Mixer."
- President Trump has ticked off U.S. farmers by lifting the ban on lemons from Argentina.
- Governor Jerry Springer? He's thinking about a run next year in Ohio.
- The statue of the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen was doused in red paint by protesters upset about the upcoming whale hunting season in the North Atlantic.
- Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill is being made into a musical, debuting next year.
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 31, 2017
In 1922 WSB in Atlanta is the first radio station to feature country music. In 1930 WEAF in New York broadcasts the first opera directly f...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...