- Toyota has claimed the title of World's Fastest SUV after a Toyota Land Cruiser hit 230 miles an hour on a long runway.
- The big hit in Norway these days is "Slow TV." For example, recently a train ride was broadcast so people could look out the window at the scenery as if they were onboard. Seven hours of it. And it was a hit.
- California is working on a plan to tax space travel by the mile.
- A theme park in Japan offers a "fight with bad guys" service for men so they can impress their dates.
- Parks Associates announced says adoption of smart speakers with personal assistants, including Amazon Echo, Dot, or Tap, or Google Home, is in 10-11% of U.S. broadband households. It estimates that in 2020, annual sales in this product category will exceed 50 million units.
- Crayola is looking for suggestions for the name of its new blue Crayon.
- Nike has launched a project to break the 2-hour Marathon mark.
- Facebook is said to be looking at producing their own TV series.
- A study says peak loneliness for men is at age 35.
- A man in Italy reportedly killed a woman neighbor because she taught her parrot to insult him.
- Plastic surgeons say that more people recently are asking for the Ivanka Trump look.
- Cher will be honored at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards.
- Taylor Swift is back on social media following two months of silence. Did you notice?
- A restaurant has opened in Brooklyn that serves only avocados and avocado-based dishes.
- Dictionary.com has added 300 new words, including slang terms like bitchface, 4:20, man bun and dad bod.
- 85-year-old country music legend Loretta Lynn was hospitalized over the weekend after suffering a stroke.
- Owen and Luke Wilson's dad died over the weekend at the age of 76.
- Conor McGregor and his partner Dee Devlin welcomed their first child into the world on Friday night in Ireland.
- Coach is buying Kate Spade for $2.4 billion.
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
at May 09, 2017
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...