- In 1950 in New Mexico a bear cub was found in a tree after a forest fire had destroyed his home. He became a symbol for forest fire prevention. What is the name of this famous bear? (Smokey the Bear)
- In 1882 this African elephant was sold to Barnum and Bailey Circus. He became the focal point for the circus, until he was struck by a freight train in 1885 in Canada and killed. What famous elephant is this? (Jumbo)
- This killer whale was in the movie "Free Willy." What is the whale's real name? (Keiko)
- Which U.S. President had a six-toed cat? (Teddy Roosevelt. He also had the most pets of any president)
- Worldwide, the most important fish species used in fish farming are carp, salmon, tilapia and what? (Catfish)
- How many days can an ant stay under water? (two)
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
THIS WEEK IS
It's still Be Kind to Animals Week --- Here's a quiz:
at May 03, 2017
Coffee is the most recognizable smell. Number two is Peanut Butter. According to a recent survey, a firefighter is the most prestigious job ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...