- 84 percent of wildfires in continental U.S. are ignited by humans
- 44 percent of the continental U.S. has been burned by fires
- 154 days is the length of fire season started by humans
- 46 days is the length of fire season started by lightning
- Seasonality of fire started by humans; 38 percent in the Spring, 24 percent in the Summer, 19 percent in the Fall, and 19 percent in the Winter
- Seasonality of fire stated by lightning; 9 percent in the Spring, 78 percent in the Summer, 12 percent in the Fall, and less than 1 percent in the Winter
- July 4th is the most common day for fires started by humans
- June 22nd is the most common day for fires started by lightning
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
WILDFIRES -- HUMANS VS. LIGHTNING
(Discover Magazine) According to documented figures based on fires from 1992 to 2012 that were extinguished or managed by government agencies:
at May 17, 2017
Asarco Grupo Mexico is hiring several positions across Southern Arizona. They have immediate openings for the Mission Mine in Sahuarita and ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...