- 84 percent of wildfires in continental U.S. are ignited by humans
- 44 percent of the continental U.S. has been burned by fires
- 154 days is the length of fire season started by humans
- 46 days is the length of fire season started by lightning
- Seasonality of fire started by humans; 38 percent in the Spring, 24 percent in the Summer, 19 percent in the Fall, and 19 percent in the Winter
- Seasonality of fire stated by lightning; 9 percent in the Spring, 78 percent in the Summer, 12 percent in the Fall, and less than 1 percent in the Winter
- July 4th is the most common day for fires started by humans
- June 22nd is the most common day for fires started by lightning
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
WILDFIRES -- HUMANS VS. LIGHTNING
(Discover Magazine) According to documented figures based on fires from 1992 to 2012 that were extinguished or managed by government agencies:
at May 17, 2017
Bridge repair requires weekend restrictions and closures on Interstate 17, Seventh Avenue beginning Friday, Nov. 17
Crews begin task of replacing damaged girder Southbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one or two lanes as needed at Seventh Avenue near ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...