You've probably heard the phrase "curse like a sailor." Maybe we should change that to "curse like a rapper." Musixmatch analyzed nearly 10 million words from lyrics from 361 artists across eight genres to find out who is the swearing-est musician in the world. Overall, it turns out song lyrics average about one profanity every 152 words. That's actually only slightly higher than in normal speech. Not too surprisingly, hip-hop artists cursed the most, while country musicians the least. Anyway, here are the top six most frequent cursers in music:
- Diplo: A profanity every 14 words.
- Chief Keef: A profanity every 20 words.
- Dr. Dre: A profanity every 21 words.
- NWA: A profanity every 22 words.
- A$AP Rocky: A profanity every 23 words.
- Young Thug: A profanity every 25 words.