COUNTDOWN TO THE SUPER BOWL
- A big event TV -- "Set the TV up in the living room or den with seating in a U-shape around it," says Cowie.
- Buck of beverages -- Free up fridge space by "filling a tub with beers and soft drinks," says Cowie. A metal wash tub works great and it will also work well at backyard barbecues this summer.
- Fun party favors -- Create your own sidelines action with themed trinkets. "People like to get silly," Cowie says. "They can create their own halftime show with fun little toys."
- Sweet treats -- Football shaped chocolate covered strawberries, theme cookies, and cupcakes will score big with fans. They also make a great hostess gift.
- Savory snack -- "Create a popcorn station with different flavors," Cowie suggests for a fun snack. Popcorn plus popcorn flavors is all you need to do this.
- Hot stuff -- "Make a big pot of chili and serve with an assortment of toppings: sour cream, grated cheese and jalapeños," Cowie recommends.
- Best seat in the house -- Cushions are a comfy way to provide extra seating, says Cowie. After game stack them up until you need them again on Oscar night.