History Walk at Millville Ruins and Petroglyph Trail


History Walk at Millville Ruins and Petroglyph Trail

The Friends of the San Pedro River offer a history walk at Millville Ruins and Petroglyph Trail on Saturday, February 6, at 9:00am.  The Corbin and Gird mills processed silver ore mined in Tombstone.  These stamp mills on the east side of the river roared day and night for the “boom” years between 1878 and 1889.  It was a “boomtown” in every sense of the word. This site is also well known for its many petroglyphs etched into the rocky hillsides.


This walk will last approximately 2 hours and is about 1.5 miles in length. Bring suitable footwear, hat, sun protection, water, and a snack. Meet at the Millville Parking Area about .25 miles east of the San Pedro River, on the north side of Charleston Road. For more information, call (520) 459-2555 or visit www.sanpedroriver.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Show 2-5pm Today Arizona Time - Music To Grill By

Born On This Day...

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS