- An applicant's last name was auto-corrected from "Flin" to "Flintstone." His first name was Freddie.
- An applicant stated she paid great attention to detail, but "attention" was misspelled.
- An applicant claimed he worked at a federal prison. A background check determined he was actually incarcerated at the prison during that time.
- An applicant stated he had been a prince in another life.
- An applicant listed a skill as "taking long walks."
- An applicant used direct quotes from "Star Wars" in his resume.
- An applicant claimed he would work harder if paid more.
- An applicant wrote the following at the end of her resume: "I didn't really fill this out, someone did it for me."
- An applicant used a resume template with cats in the corners.
- An applicant listed smoking under hobbies.
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
NEVER PUT THIS IN YOUR RESUME
When it comes to writing a resume, there is one goal: Make it stand out. After all, 43 percent of hiring managers admit they spend less than one minute looking at a resume, while 24 percent spend less than 30 seconds, according to CareerBuilder.com. That means first impressions are key. But while you try to make that piece of paper sing, be careful what you write. With the assistance of the Harris Poll, CareerBuilder annually surveys more than 2,100 full-time U.S. hiring managers and human resources managers in the private sector across industries and company sizes to find the out the biggest blunders they have caught on resumes -- from innocent gaffes to obvious lies. The top 10 most memorable and cringe-worthy resume blunders, all of which appeared on real-life resumes:
They don't call it Turkey Day for nothing. When Thanksgiving arrives this week, 90 percent of American households are expected to gobble...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...