HOW YOUR CELLPHONE CAN IMPROVE SEX LIFE
Phubbing includes the following:
- My partner places his cellphone where he can see it when we are together.
- My partner keeps her cellphone in her hand when she is with me.
- My partner glances at his cellphone when talking to me.
- If there is a lull in our conversation, my partner will check her cellphone.
To find out the real effect of phubbing, researchers from Baylor University in Waco, TX conducted two separate surveys with a total of 453 U.S. adults. The results:
- 46.3 percent of the respondents reported being phubbed by their partner.
- 22.6 percent said this phubbing caused conflict in their relationships.
- 36.6 percent reported feeling depressed at least some of the time due to being phubbed.
- Overall, only 32 percent of respondents stated that they were very satisfied with their relationship, the study shows.
Translation: When you are with the one you love and you pay attention to your cell phone, you are sending a clear message that the phone is more important to you than your lover. This lowers your lover's satisfaction with the relationship.