ADDICTED TO SOCIAL MEDIA?
Take the quiz by answering "yes" or "no" to each question:
1. Do you consider social media to be deeply integrated in your life so that you use it at various times throughout the entire day?
2. Do you use social media when you are bored or alone to provide a little excitement?
3. Do you need to spend more time to get a "buzz" from social media and find yourself using it more and more?
4. Do you get nervous when you are not on social media, perhaps because you're afraid of missing out on something important?
5. Does your use of social media cause trouble, such as creating conflicts with friends or family or distracting you while you're in class or at work?
6. Have you tried to cut back on your use of social media but failed?
Your results: If you've answered "yes" to three or more of these questions, you are probably addicted to social media. It's all about balance: The trick to loosening social media's grip on your life is to find a "digital sweet spot" where you are still connected but you have carved out time for the things that really matter. "You, your relationships and community are the bedrocks of living a happy and meaningful life," Roberts explains. "They are also the first things that suffer when our lives get out of balance."