- A librarian in Massachusetts is declining a donation of ten Dr. Seuss books from first lady Melania Trump.
- Over the weekend, media mogul S.I.Newhouse, Jr. died at the age of 89. He turned Vanity Fair into a must-read, presided over fashion bible Vogue and purchased The New Yorker.
- Paris, France, tried something interesting yesterday--it's first "Car Free Day!" Motor vehicles were banned from Paris from 11am to 6pm.
- And game show host Monty Hall passed away at the age of 96. For decades, he hosted "Let's Make a Deal!" His real name was Monte Halparin.
- Sarah Jessica Parker said the third "Sex and the City" movie has been canceled. Reports are that co-star Kim Cattrall's demands were a bit too much.
- Actor Michael Douglas says he "doesn't believe in the after-life", but remembers calming white light and said he heard angels singing when he "almost drowned" while swimming in the ocean as a University of California, Santa Barbara student in the 1960s.
- O.J. Simpson was released from prison over the weekend.
- So, add Luke Bryan and Lionel Ritchie to the judges panel for the reboot of American Idol.
- Mark Wahlberg made a whopping $90 million last year.
- 50-Cent is claiming that Donald Trump offered him $500K last year to endorse him for president.
- Marilyn Manson was injured during a performance over the weekend, when one of the large props on the stage landed on top of him.
- After making 28 albums and winning 11 Grammys, singer Linda Ronstadt says she can't stand listening to any of her albums.
- Art experts say that the sketch "Moanna Vann" is a charcoal drawing by Leonardo da Vinci, a nude, which was the warmup for his masterpiece, Mona Lisa.
- Lots of Oprah in 2020 swirling around on the Internet over the weekend.
- "Last Flag Flying" is getting Steve Carrell some Oscar-buzz.
- Justin Timberlake is said to be finalizing his deal to perform at the next Super Bowl halftime show.
- Taco Bell is teaming up with Forever 21 to launch a fashion line which they promise to be "hotter than Diablo Sauce." It'll hit stores October 11th.
- There is a New York Pizzeria that has a $2,000 pizza on their menu.
- A man dressed as a Coke bottle robbed a restaurant in Kentucky.
- A report says people not wanting antibiotics in their food should order more chicken and less beef and pork.
- Lindsey Vonn has requested to be able to race against men skiers.
- An 18-inch tree-dwelling rat that opens coconuts with its teeth was discovered in the Solomon Islands.
- Archaeologists are intrigued with the discovery of a 4,000-year-old tomb in Israel that contained decapitated toads.
- President Trump plans to visit Puerto Rico tomorrow.
- There's talk that Peyton Manning may run for the Senate.
- As of today, the sequel to "Wonder Woman" is scheduled to hit theaters December 13th, 2019.
- We don't "fall back" until November 5th this year, so over a month left of Daylight Saving Time.
Monday, October 2, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Union Hills Drive underpass closed at I-17 this weekend for work on wrong-way vehicle detection project
Union Hills Drive will be closed in both directions at Interstate 17 for part of this weekend as crews continue to install a pilot wrong-way...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...