- A librarian in Massachusetts is declining a donation of ten Dr. Seuss books from first lady Melania Trump.
- Over the weekend, media mogul S.I.Newhouse, Jr. died at the age of 89. He turned Vanity Fair into a must-read, presided over fashion bible Vogue and purchased The New Yorker.
- Paris, France, tried something interesting yesterday--it's first "Car Free Day!" Motor vehicles were banned from Paris from 11am to 6pm.
- And game show host Monty Hall passed away at the age of 96. For decades, he hosted "Let's Make a Deal!" His real name was Monte Halparin.
- Sarah Jessica Parker said the third "Sex and the City" movie has been canceled. Reports are that co-star Kim Cattrall's demands were a bit too much.
- Actor Michael Douglas says he "doesn't believe in the after-life", but remembers calming white light and said he heard angels singing when he "almost drowned" while swimming in the ocean as a University of California, Santa Barbara student in the 1960s.
- O.J. Simpson was released from prison over the weekend.
- So, add Luke Bryan and Lionel Ritchie to the judges panel for the reboot of American Idol.
- Mark Wahlberg made a whopping $90 million last year.
- 50-Cent is claiming that Donald Trump offered him $500K last year to endorse him for president.
- Marilyn Manson was injured during a performance over the weekend, when one of the large props on the stage landed on top of him.
- After making 28 albums and winning 11 Grammys, singer Linda Ronstadt says she can't stand listening to any of her albums.
- Art experts say that the sketch "Moanna Vann" is a charcoal drawing by Leonardo da Vinci, a nude, which was the warmup for his masterpiece, Mona Lisa.
- Lots of Oprah in 2020 swirling around on the Internet over the weekend.
- "Last Flag Flying" is getting Steve Carrell some Oscar-buzz.
- Justin Timberlake is said to be finalizing his deal to perform at the next Super Bowl halftime show.
- Taco Bell is teaming up with Forever 21 to launch a fashion line which they promise to be "hotter than Diablo Sauce." It'll hit stores October 11th.
- There is a New York Pizzeria that has a $2,000 pizza on their menu.
- A man dressed as a Coke bottle robbed a restaurant in Kentucky.
- A report says people not wanting antibiotics in their food should order more chicken and less beef and pork.
- Lindsey Vonn has requested to be able to race against men skiers.
- An 18-inch tree-dwelling rat that opens coconuts with its teeth was discovered in the Solomon Islands.
- Archaeologists are intrigued with the discovery of a 4,000-year-old tomb in Israel that contained decapitated toads.
- President Trump plans to visit Puerto Rico tomorrow.
- There's talk that Peyton Manning may run for the Senate.
- As of today, the sequel to "Wonder Woman" is scheduled to hit theaters December 13th, 2019.
- We don't "fall back" until November 5th this year, so over a month left of Daylight Saving Time.
Monday, October 2, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
SSVEC is has open positions across Cochise County. Apply online for all of their open positions: *Administrative Intern, Sierra Vista - clos...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...