- Soap company Dove has apologized for a racially insensitive Facebook ad that showed a black woman wearing a brown shirt removing her top to reveal a white woman in a lighter top.
- The board of the Weinstein company has fired its founder, Harvey Weinstein, after a New York Times article that detailed three decades of his sexual misconduct at the company.
- Miami Dolphins assistant coach Chris Foerster has resigned after a video surfaced on Sunday that showed him snorting a white substance using a $20 bill.
- A study says the average American spends $10,489 on federal, state and local taxes every year.
- They say that in China, cash is dead already. The bulk of people are paying for everything with their phones or cards.
- So why weren't there any jokes about the whole Harvey Weinstein thing in the most recent Saturday Night Live? Someone attending dressed rehearsal said they tried one out, but it didn't make the show. Saturday Night Live creator Lorne Michaels said the show chose not to roast Harvey Weinstein because the embattled film heavyweight is from New York. But then again, so is Donald Trump.
- According to a new poll, a third of men would have sex with a robot.
- Vice President Mike Pence was at the game as his home-state Indianapolis Colts got ready to play Sunday. But when members of the opposing team kneeled for the national anthem, he walked out.
- McDonald's Szechuan dipping sauce for their chicken nuggets does exist. McDonald's brought it back for a day on Saturday. You may see it return soon to the rest of the restaurants.
- After checking himself into rehab in September, Aaron Carter is showing off pictures on social media of a 30-pound weight gain.
- Wal-Mart is introducing a new app that claims it'll make returning something to their stores much faster.
- According to a new survey, 50% of all Americans don't have access to $400 in case of an emergency.
- The new trailer for "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" premiered last night during half-time of Monday Night Football.
- Someone in Wales donated a can of soup to the local food bank that actually dated back to pre-1971.
- Want to sit in the front row to see Bette Midler in Hello Dolly on Broadway? That'll cost you $998 a seat.
- The creator of "The Walking Dead" says that Rick will eventually die. The question is -- when?
- Tampa Bay Lightning forward J.T. Brown raised his right fist during the national anthem before a game against the Florida Panthers on Saturday night, becoming the first NHL player this regular season to join the protests.
- Porsche is said to be close to releasing an electric car that would take on the Tesla.
- A new study says that married Americans are more unhappy than ever before.
- Robert McKay, who designed the first Taco Bell has died at the age of 86.
- The city of Warren, Michigan, is offering $500 to people who snitch on suspected drug dealers.
- Oddsmakers are putting Kim Jong-un as a 500-1 longshot for the Nobel Peace Prize.
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
On this date in 1792, President Washington signed an act creating the U.S. Postal Service. Before that, when people had a break down, they w...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...