- Fats Domino, the New Orleans musician whose hit versions of "Blueberry Hill" and "Ain't That a Shame" instantly became Rock 'n Roll classics, has died at the age of 89.
- Regal Cinemas is looking at a new pricing structure in 2018, where they would charge more to see a hit movie, and less to see a flop.
- Jaime Pressly gave birth to twin boys earlier this month, Leo and Lenon.
- Hollywood has a new villain. 72-year-old writer/director James Toback has been called out by 38 women, many giving graphic details of their alleged encounters in a story published Sunday in the Los Angeles Times.
- Starting next month, people in 37 U.S. cities can have Amazon drop their package inside their front door, without ever giving anyone a key. Amazon Key will give Amazon Logistics delivery personnel a code to unlock a customer's door for 5 minutes.
- Just when we thought Hurricane Season might be over, they're keeping an eye on Tropical Storm Phillipe to see if it will turn into a hurricane this weekend.
- Delta is looking to hire 1,000 new flight attendants.
- That woman who went berserk and threw a tantrum when she found out the New York City Godiva Chocolates was closing -- it turns out she was an off-duty NYC cop.
- Actress Heather Lind is accusing 93-year-old former president George H.W. Bush of groping her and telling her a dirty joke at a private screening a couple of months ago. He has apologized if his sense of humor offended her.
- Kid Rock say in an interview, no, he's not going to run for political office.
- Some say Arizona Senator Jeff Flake said he won't run for re-election in 2018 because he plans to take on Donald Trump for the Republican nomination in 2020.
- According to a study in International Journal of Epidemiology just 60 to 120 seconds a day of running at a medium pace, think 6.2 miles per hour, is linked to 4 percent better bone health for premenopausal women.
- The National Parks Service is asking for a big hike in admission fees to help cover their costs. Would you pay $70 to get into Yosemite or Yellowstone?
- Funny or Die has struck a deal with Amazon to produce comedy shorts exclusively for them.
- Harry Connick Jr. and his wife Jill Goodacre are now talking about her secret 5-year battle with breast cancer.
- Among the Hollywood Dodger fans taking in the World Series this week: Seth MacFarlane, Larry King, Mary Hart, Ken Jeong, Lady Gaga, Rob Lowe, George Lopez and Jason Bateman.
- Dana Carvey says that SNL should be careful about "Trump Fatigue." Funny, but might be time to move on...
- Eminem has won a court case against a New Zealand political party for using music similar to his hit track 'Lose Yourself' in a television commercial. He'll get $414,000 plus interest.
Thursday, October 26, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
They don't call it Turkey Day for nothing. When Thanksgiving arrives this week, 90 percent of American households are expected to gobble...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Quantico's Jake McLaughlin Welcomes Baby No. 4. And baby makes six! Quantico star Jake McLaughlin and wife Stephanie McLaughlin have wel...