- Incredibles 2 hit $1 billion at the box office faster than any animated film.
- A Florida man was hit by a car while attempting Drake's "In My Feelings" challenge.
- The Nielsen Report says we're absorbing more media than ever. American adults spend over 11 hours per day listening to, watching, reading or generally interacting with media.
- Iran's currency has dropped 18% in value over the past two days.
- Al Franken says he hasn't ruled out running for office again.
- Scientists have identified a new shape: the scutoid... which is six-sided at the top, five-sided on the bottom with one triangular side.
- Who might be retiring? Alex Trebek says when his latest contract expires in 2020, he's expecting to retire. By then, he'll be 80.
- Several thieves with a baby stroller stole a shark from a San Antonio museum. They must have had help from Ace Ventura because the thieves have already been caught and the shark is back home, safe, in the aquarium.
- Alan Alda has revealed he has Parkinson's disease.
- MTV is going to make Lindsay Lohan the star of her own reality show, "Lohan Beach House." Good luck to them.
- Robert Pattinson and Suki Waterhouse are dating.
- The body of a French skier lost in 1954 has been found in Italy.
- The FBI says the state people are most likely to be robbed is Nevada.
- A survey says one in five young adults don't know what an STD is.
- There's a move in Austin, Texas, to change the city's name because of its slaveholding past.
- Greece is breeding a new type of donkey necessary to carry overweight tourists.
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg says she plans on retiring from the bench in another five years when she is 90.
Wednesday, August 1, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
If you have blue eyes, you may want to be wary of beer, wine and cocktails. Genetic researchers at the University of Vermont say that people...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...