DON'T DIET, EAT HEALTHY
- 60% of adults who want to lose weight would like to lose 20 pounds.
- The most popular diet is one people make up themselves, thanks to more detailed nutritional labels on packaged foods.
- The most popular do-it-yourself weight loss plan is focused on portion control.
- 9% said they were losing weight through an "extreme diet" with severe calorie restrictions or by eliminating an entire food group, such as carbohydrates.
- 10 years ago more than 50% said an overweight person is unattractive; today just 25% agree with that.