PASS THE GAS PLEASE
Have you ever passed gas in public by accident? It's probably what you ate or drank. Here is a list of foods that are known for causing the most flatulence, taken from GICare.com.
- Legumes: Most beans, especially dried beans and peas, baked beans, soy beans, lima beans
- Milk and Milk Products: Milk; ice cream; and cheese
- Vegetables: Cabbage; radishes; onions; broccoli; Brussels sprouts; cauliflower; cucumbers; sauerkraut; kohlrabi; asparagus
- Root Vegetables: Potatoes; rutabaga; turnips
- Fruits: Prunes; apricots; apples; raisins; bananas
- Cereals and Breads: All foods that contain wheat and wheat products including cereals, breads and pastries. Check labels.
- Fatty Foods: Pan-fried or deep-fried foods; fatty meats; rich cream sauces and gravies; pastries. (While fatty foods are not carbohydrates, they too can contribute to intestinal gas.)
- Liquids: Carbonated beverages, medications or powders
Post a Comment