THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Tomorrow night's episode of "Riverdale" will be the last one with Luke Perry in it. Perry died two months ago after suffering a massive stroke.
- In case you missed it, Queen Elizabeth II turned 93 on Sunday.
- Tickets for Woodstock 50 -- the 50th anniversary of the epic music festival -- were supposed to go on sale yesterday. That was delayed, with no new date announced which has some wondering, will it happen?
- In a popular Ukrainian TV series, comedian Volodymyr Zelenskiy played a president who is scrupulously honest and outwits crooked lawmakers and shadowy businessmen who try to stand in his way. On Sunday, he was elected the real president of the Ukraine.
- Jenna Bush Hager announced that child number 3 on the way is going to be a boy.
- The memoir Prince was working on at the time of his death, "The Beautiful Ones," is coming out October 29.
- Ariana Grande wrapped Coachella with a fantastic performance Sunday night, including a walk-on appearance by Justin Bieber, who said, "Thank you Coachella. Thank you, Ariana Grande. And by the way, the album will be out soon."
- Now through May 4, Target stores will accept and recycle car seats, including infant seats, convertible seats, car seat bases, harness or booster car seats. In return, you'll receive a 20% off coupon a new car seat or other baby stuff.
- Kelly Stafford, the wife of Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, is out of the hospital and back home after undergoing a 12-hour surgery to remove a brain tumor last week.
- Brenda Jackson, mother of Dale Earnhardt Jr. and a longtime employee at JR Motorsports alongside her daughter Kelley Earnhardt Miller, has died following a battle with cancer. She was 65.
- Washington is set to become the first state to legalize human composting.
- The New York Yankees did it last week. Now, the NHL Philadelphia Flyers have stopped using Kate Smith's version of "God Bless America" after her racist past has comes to light.
- For the record, in high school, Pete Buttigieg was voted "Mostly likely to be President." (booty-jedge)
- Jimmy Kimmel is going to be joined by Norman Lear in a one-night reboot of "All in the Family" and "The Jeffersons" on May 22. Woody Harrelson and Marisa Tomei will star as Archie and Edith Bunker, while Jamie Foxx and Wanda Sykes will portray George and Louise Jefferson. Ellie Kemper takes on the role of Gloria Stivic, with Will Ferrell as Tom Willis and Justina Machado as Florence Johnston.
- There's talk about Phoenix and Tucson actually merging at some point in the future.
Post a Comment