- The celebration of Christmas was banned in Boston from 1659 to 1681. (Yes)
- 1.5 million pieces of airline luggage are misrouted every year. (B.S, an unbelievable 2.8 million pieces are misrouted)
- Your nose and ears never stop growing. (Yes)
- The origin of decorating Christmas trees dates back to when the Pagans worshipped trees. (Yes)
- Mary Tyler Moore played the female lead in Elvis Presley's last film. (Yes, "Change of Habit" in 1969)
- Cher's real first name is Sharleen. (B.S., it's Cherilyn)
- Fred Flintstone was the first cartoon character to endorse cigarettes. (Yes, "The Flintstones" was the first primetime cartoon and they were originally sponsored by a major cigarette company)
- Johnny Carson's last guest on "The Tonight Show" was Jay Leno. (B.S., it was Bette Midler)
- Al Capone's business cards proclaimed he was a used furniture dealer. (Yes)
- The first record Paul McCartney says he ever bought was "Be Bop A Lula" by Gene Vincent. (Yes)
- If the first day of the month is on a Monday, it always has a Friday the 13th. (B.S., it's Sunday)
- Lettuce is the only vegetable never sold frozen, canned, processed or cooked. (Yes)
- Coca-Cola is the oldest registered food trademark in America. (B.S. it's Underwood Deviled Ham, going way back to 1886)
- A ticket to the 1896 Olympic Games cost 16 cents. (Yes)
- A lumberjack named Andrew Jergens invented skin-softening Jergens Lotion. (Yes)
- Telesphobia is the fear of using a telephone. (B.S., it's the fear of being last)
- There are 13 trillion cells in the human body. (B.S., there are only 2 trillion)
- While he was president, Franklin Roosevelt slept with under a gun under his pillow? (Yes)
- If an average man never shaved over the course of his life, his beard would be around 30 feet long. (Yes!)
- Sarek & Amanda are the names of Spock's parents on "Star Trek." (Yes)
- Comic book hero The Green Lantern is deprived of his power by the color red. (B.S., it's the color yellow)
- Benjamin Franklin once said, "Beer is living proof that God loves us, and wants to see us happy." (Yes)
- On September 4, 1833, 10-year-old Barney Flaherty became the first paper boy. (Yes, for the New York Sun)
- Because of the rotation of the earth, you can actually throw a baseball a little further if you throw it to the East. (Yes)
- The original title for the best seller "Gone With The Wind" was "Ba! Ba! Black Sheep." (Yes)
- More movies have been made about Abraham Lincoln's life than any other story in the world. (B.S., actually it's Dracula!)
Monday, December 11, 2017
Here's The Facts - YES OR B.S.
You can listen here send your request to email@example.com Facebook www.facebook.com/DesertRadioAz We can also be heard on these app...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...