- The top 10 childish behaviors witnessed in the workplace:
- Whining: 55 percent
- Pouting over something that didn't go his/her way: 46 percent
- Tattling on another co-worker: 44 percent
- Playing a prank on another co-worker: 36 percent
- Making a face behind someone's back: 35 percent
- Forming a clique: 32 percent
- Starting a rumor about a co-worker: 30 percent
- Storming out of the room: 29 percent
- Throwing a tantrum: 27 percent
- Refusing to share resources with others: 23 percent
These behaviors do not go unnoticed to management and higher ups, either. When asked to name specific immature or adolescent behaviors they have seen at work, employers reported the following observations of one or more employees:
Company owner threw tantrums, yelled and slammed doors when he didn't get his way.
Employee hid to get away from duties and work responsibility.
Employee intentionally set up a co-worker to get him/her in trouble.
Employee ate other employees' food from the company refrigerator.
Employee blocked parking spots to prevent other employees from parking closer to the front door.
Employee gossiped about all of his direct reports, then pretended to be their advocate.
Employee constantly pulled up inappropriate content on her cell phone and showed it to her "clique."
Employee went to lunch and never came back.