- They're calling the Matt Lauer scandal at NBC, "Dirty Rock."
- Jim Nabors, best known for his role as Gomer Pyle on "The Andy Griffith Show," has passed away at age 87.
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe is said to be seriously considering a run for president in 2020.
- The same week ESPN cut 150 employees, Buzzfeed sliced off 100 workers.
- Music producer Russell Simmons is stepping down from his fashion and production businesses after a screenwriter said in a column in the Hollywood Reporter that Simmons sexually assaulted her in 1991.
- They hit minus 60-degrees in Siberia this week and it was only November.
- Alex Malzone has become the second University of Michigan quarterback to transfer out of that program within a week.
- Taylor Swift and Ray Charles are now tied for the same number of hit singles.
- Applebee's is offering $1 Long Island Ice Teas throughout December. What could possibly go wrong?
- A new study is claiming that using mouthwash increases your risk of diabetes.
- A driver was arrested in California with methamphetamines and a human skull in the trunk of his car.
- Another study says that marriage may actually reduce your risk of dementia.
- Viagra will soon be available in the UK without a prescription.
- Donnie Wahlberg reportedly left a $1,000 tip at an Indiana Waffle House.
- The future member of the Royal Family, Meghan Markle once worked as a briefcase model on "Deal Or No Deal" during the 2006-2007 season.
- When Glen Campbell died in August, he left behind eight kids. Three of them were left out of his will.
- Seriously, they're selling upside-down Christmas trees this year. Home Depot, Target, Walmart, Kohls and Bed Bath & Beyond all have the them for sale, ranging from $150-$1,000. Some are already sold out.
- Anthony Senerchia, who suffered from ALS and helped make the "ice bucket challenge" viral, passed away last weekend. He was 46.
- An electrician in Australia was fired after the company found out he was actually out playing golf during his work days. By placing his phone inside a foil snack bag, they were unable to see that he was at the golf course... 140 times over the past two years.
- In California, a contractor was trying to send a message to a local attorney by setting a pickup truck on fire and placing a dead bird on his porch along with a flaming box of feces. If only he hadn't done all that in front of the wrong house.
- By the way, if you're keeping score at home, a fifth accuser has stepped forward against Senator Al Franken.
- American Airlines had a software glitch which allowed their pilots to all pick vacation time around Christmas. This left them 1500 pilots short of what they need for all their flights. They're offering 150% pay for those who will help cover the flights, but it could get touchy.
Friday, December 1, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
In 1922 WSB in Atlanta is the first radio station to feature country music. In 1930 WEAF in New York broadcasts the first opera directly f...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...