- You've heard of Uber's Surge Pricing -- higher prices during rush hour than easier traffic. In Toronto, a guy was charged $14,400 for a 20-minute rush hour ride.
- Alec Baldwin is looking at doing a solo Broadway show.
- Former "The Apprentice" contestant turned White House staffer, Omarosa Manigault Newman, is leaving her position in the Trump administration.
- NBC's Today Show has beaten ABC's "Good Morning America" for two weeks now. Yes, since Matt Lauer was fired.
- Kelly Ripa says that when she was working with Regis Philbin, he had a "no talking off-camera" thing. When they weren't on TV, the two didn't speak to each because Regis wanted it all saved for the camera.
- Shoppers using American Express cards will no longer have to sign receipts.
- Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer is set to release a book next summer.
- The New York Times says President Trump watches eight hours of TV and drinks 12 Diet Cokes each day.
- The guy who stabbed a man in Portland Sunday claimed that he was married to Taylor Swift and that she told him to do it.
- Heading to the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland in 2018, the Moody Blues, Bon Jovi, late jazz icon Nina Simone, rock 'n roll godmother Sister Rosetta Tharpe, The Cars and Dire Straits.
- "Weekend Update" anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che have been named the new co-head writers for SNL.
- Pat DiNizio, the lead singer of the Smithereens died Tuesday at the age of 62.
- By the way, Meghan Markle will be spending this Christmas with the Royal Family.
- John Stamos is finally going to be a dad at age 54. I hear stories like that and I start doing the math. So, when the baby is 16, you'll be 70? Yikes.
- The SAG Award nominations came out yesterday. That awards show will air January 21st on TBS/TNT with host Kristen Bell. Small-town dramedy "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" led the 2018 nominations in a list that shut out celebrated veterans like Meryl Streep and Daniel Day-Lewis as well as Steven Spielberg's press freedom movie "The Post."
Thursday, December 14, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
In 1922 WSB in Atlanta is the first radio station to feature country music. In 1930 WEAF in New York broadcasts the first opera directly f...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...