- A recent study shows the average executive spends 45 minutes every day making copies. (B.S., but they do spend that much time looking for something on their desk)
- Eight nails are used in a standard horseshoe. (Yes)
- The average Facebook user checks their account 27 times each day. (B.S.-more like 14)
- Sugar maple trees have to be 200 years old before they are generally tapped for syrup. (B.S., they have to be about 40 years old)
- Billy Idol was featured at the very first rock concert held at Yankee Stadium. (B.S., it was Billy Joel, in June 1990, at the end of his Storm Front tour)
- Nazis murdered close to 11 Million people during the holocaust. (Yes-6 million of which were Jewish).
- There are approximately fifty Joy of Cooking books sold each minute across the world. (B.S., Bibles)
- Nearly 27% of single women say if a bowtie is worn by a man on a first date it would ruin all chances of a second date. (Yes)
- In real-estate shorthand, the acronym FDR represents "Finished Downstairs Room". (B.S., it stands for "Formal Dining Room")
- Fluffy is the name of the vicious three-headed dog who guards the Sorcerer's Stone in J.K. Rowling's blockbuster book Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. (Yes)
- The largest gland in the human body is the tongue. (B.S., The liver, which is also the largest organ)
- The shortest overtime in National Football League history was 14 seconds. (Yes, in a September 8, 2002, a game between the New York Jets and the Buffalo Bills. It was accomplished with a kickoff return by Chad Morton, giving the Jets a win)
- About 17% of humans, chimpanzees and gorillas are left-handed. (Yes.)
- A typical full-time worker in the U.S. with a four-year college degree earns 10% more than worker with only a high-school diploma. (B.S., 62% more)
- The average person checks the time 90 times a day. (Yes)
Monday, December 18, 2017
YES OR B.S.
If you have blue eyes, you may want to be wary of beer, wine and cocktails. Genetic researchers at the University of Vermont say that people...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...