- There's a Boycott USA movement slowly picking up steam in Canada.
- 63 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend.
- In North Carolina, a 9-year-old boy selling lemonade was robbed at gunpoint on Saturday.
- According to Entertainment Weekly, Robert Redford is retiring from acting after nearly 60 years.
- NBC is shooting a talk show pilot starring Kelly Clarkson.
- Hamza bin Laden, the son of Osama bin Laden, has married the daughter of Mohammed Atta, who was the lead hijacker in the 9-11 attacks.
- Charlotte Rae, who played Mrs. Garrett on TV's "The Facts of Life" has died. She was 92.
- According to Nielsen, NBC's coverage of the Hall of Fame game averaged 6.77 million viewers, which marked an 18 percent decline versus last year's exhibition.
- Facebook, Apple, YouTube, and Spotify have booted from their platforms podcasts, pages, and channels conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and his Infowars website.
- Seven puppies were named for the "Gilligan's Island" crew after being rescued from a Canadian island.
- Lady Gaga tweeted out that she was sorry for the suicide of her friend, "Zombie Boy." She has now retracted the part about it being a suicide at the request of his family.
- New Parks Associates research reports 57% of consumers in U.S. broadband households report having at least one sleep problem. Nearly 29 million U.S. broadband households own a sleep tracking product today and more than 50% are willing to buy a sleep tech product.
- Lance Bass is buying "The Brady Bunch" house in Studio City, CA.
- Reality television star James "LB" Bonner of "My 600-lb Life" has been found dead at a South Carolina home. He was 30.
- The fourth season of "Better Call Saul" debuted last night.
- A report says Oregon is facing an oversupply of pot since legalization.
- Dolly Parton has announced a $37 Million expansion of Dollywood next year.
- Pro football's Pro Bowl will take place in Orlando again for the third straight year.
- Bristol Palin confirms she is divorced after 20 months of marriage.
- One of those treasurer hunters with a metal detector found a curler's lost Olympic ring on a California beach.
- Kelsey Grammar says that the name of his fourth wife is tattooed by his crotch to keep him from cheating.
- Chrissy Tiegen and John Legend were on a family vacation in Bali when that earthquake hit last Saturday.
- Sir Patrick Stewart is returning to the role of Captain Jean-Luc Picard for a new "Star Trek" series for CBS All Access.
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Well Somebody's Not Getting a Father's Day Card This Year! Talk about a dysfunctional family! About three months ago, 76-year-old D...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...