- According to studies, the average consumer uses 57 sheets of toilet paper per day. (Yes, that's an annual total of 20,805)
- Vermont, Alaska, Hawaii and Maine are the four states in the U.S. that do not allow sheep farmers. (B.S., it's billboards)
- Leif Erikson was the first European to set foot in North America. (Yes, in the year 1000)
- A group of kittens is called a kindle. (Yes)
- It takes about 10 months for an oyster to produce a pearl naturally. (B.S. Closer to ten years!)
- Oklahoma has the most lightning strikes in the U.S. (B.S., it's Florida)
- A researcher walking by a radar tube had a chocolate bar in his pocket which promptly melted - which lead to the invention of the microwave. (Yes)
- Sioux Indian chief Sitting Bull appeared on the back of the 20 dollar bill in 1875. (B.S., it was Pocahontas)
- The Bill of Rights was written on hemp paper? (B.S.-- but the Declaration of Independence was!!)
- China is the only place in the world, where Friday comes before Thursday. (B.S., the only place Friday comes before Thursday is in the dictionary)
- Dwight D. Eisenhower gave the first televised presidential press conference in the U.S. (Yes)
- Less than 1 percent of all creatures ever known to inhabit the earth still exist today. (B.S., actually around 10 percent do!)
- A lightning bolt is about 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun. (Yes, about 6000 degrees centigrade)
- Bart Simpson's first name comes from creator Matt Groening rearranging the letters of the word "brat." (Yes)
- By the time you hit middle age the average American will have walked around the earth three times! (Yes)
- The main reason actress Jane Wyman gave for wanting to divorce her husband Ronald Reagan was that he talked too much. (Yes)
- Contrary to popular belief, not a single person convicted of witchcraft was ever burned in Salem, Massachusetts. (Yes, those people were either hung on "Gallows Hill" or pressed to death -- the not so fun practice of piling stones on someone until they're crushed to death!)
- 75% of us surveyed said we'd rather be mugged than audited by the IRS. (B.S., but 50% of us would rather be mugged. But then aren't they both about the same thing?)
- Contrary to popular belief, dogs do not sweat by salivating. They sweat through the pads of their feet. (Yes)
- Wanna know how big somebody's feet are? Check out their forearm. For most people, the length of their forearm is the same as the length of their feet. (Yes)
- The sun isn't round. It's flat on the top and bottom. (Yes! Who knew?)
- Regis Philbin had originally been tapped to host "American Idol" but turned it down because he thought the show was a dumb idea. (B.S., we made it up!)
- Almost half the pigs in the world live in China. (Yes, they're kept by Chinese farmers)
Monday, August 13, 2018
YES OR B.S.
And How Fast Can You Run the 26.2? His name is Eliud Kipchoge. He already has an Olympic gold medal for the marathon, and now he has smash...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...