THE OTHER STUFF . . .

Queen Elizabeth II 'Would Love to Have a Relationship' With Prince Harry's Son Archie. Still holding out hope. Queen Elizabeth II fears she is missing all of Prince Harry's son Archie's milestones, a source reveals exclusively in the new issue of Us Weekly. The 93-year-old monarch is "heartbroken over the thought of not getting to see her great-grandson," the source says. "The queen would love to have a relationship with Archie, but it's looking unlikely that will ever happen." Harry and Meghan Markle's 9-month-old son has been living in Canada with the couple following their decision to step back from their royal duties. "The queen's worst fear is that she may never see Archie again," the source says. "She's trying to stay optimistic about this situation and would never stoop to casting any aspersions on Meghan's character even after everything that's happened." While Buckingham Palace confirmed that Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, would be prohibited from using the "Sussex Royal" name for their future ventures, the queen has been supportive of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's decision. "My family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family," Queen Elizabeth said in a statement on January 13. "My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan's desire to create a new life as a young family. Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family." Us confirmed on Tuesday, March 3, that Harry had a "heart-to-heart" with his grandmother after he returned to the U.K. on Sunday, March 1. "The last thing Elizabeth wants is for Harry to feel estranged from his family and she made her feelings clear about this in the meeting," a second source told Us. According to the first insider, Prince William and Duchess Kate, who will be reunited with Harry and Meghan on March 9, also want to have a relationship with Archie. "The Cambridges respect that Harry and Meghan have a lot going on," the source says. "But they feel family should come first." (William and Kate share Prince George, 6, Princess Charlotte, 4, and Prince Louis, 23 months.) (UsMagazine)

Queen Elizabeth II Has the Perfect Response to Prince William's Pub Shout-Out. Good one, Prince William. The Duke of Cambridge made a lighthearted remark during his trip to Ireland on Tuesday. While attending a reception at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, the 37-year-old royal recalled how Queen Elizabeth II had visited the same spot back in 2011. At the time, Her Majesty had been shown how to pour the "perfect pint." Now, William said he and Kate Middleton were "retracing the footsteps" of his grandmother. "Now, ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you it is not often that I find myself following The Queen to a pub," he quipped. "But I am looking forward to testing for myself the theory that Guinness tastes even better in Ireland than overseas." Taking a "slightly more serious note," William then thanked the attendees for coming to the reception, which was hosted by the British ambassador of Ireland, and thanked them for "all that you do to support the very special relationship between our two countries." On Wednesday, Kensington Palace's official Twitter account shared a clip of William's speech in which he mentions The Queen. The Royal Family's official Twitter account, which posts content from Buckingham Palace about the work and activities of The Queen and other royals, was also tagged. It wasn't long before it received a reply. "Cheers!" a tweet from the Royal Family's account stated along with a beer emoji. During the reception, William and Kate also met with representatives from Irish sport, film and television, business, charity and education sectors and tried some Guinness. The Duchess of Cambridge wore a gorgeous green dress by The Vampire's Wife. In fact, it was the same design Princess Beatrice had worn to Ellie Goulding's wedding in 2019. William and Kate have certainly had a full itinerary this trip. In addition to attending the reception, they met with the president of Ireland Michael D. Higgins and his wife Sabina. They also visited the Garden of Remembrance in Dublin and rang the Peace Bell. In addition, they met with Taoiseach Leo Varadkar. Today, they're making more stops, including visiting Jigsaw, the National Centre for Youth Mental Health. (Eonline)

A new book by former First Lady Barbara Bush, published posthumously, gives fresh insight into her historic romance with former President George H. W. Bush. In Pearls of Wisdom: Little Pieces of Advice (That Go a Long Way), released Tuesday, their son Jeb Bush remembers an interaction between his parents shortly before his mother's death in April 2018 -- one that brought the attending hospital staff to tears. "The last time my mom went into the hospital, I think Dad got sick on purpose so he could be with her. That's my theory, at least, because literally a day later he showed up with an illness," writes Jeb in the book, which is a collection of stories and advice from the Bush matriarch's friends and family. "He came into her room while she was sleeping and held her hand. His hair was standing straight up, and he was wearing a hospital gown. In other words, he looked like hell!" Jeb, 67, continues: "Mom opened her eyes and said, 'My God, George, you are devastatingly handsome.' Every nurse, doctor, staffer had to run to the hallway because they all started crying." The former first lady and literacy advocate had long suffered from congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. She was hospitalized several times before she decided to forgo further medical treatment. Nearly eight months after Mrs. Bush's death, her husband died. "Every day of his 73 years of marriage, dad taught us all what it means to be a great husband. ... He was dedicated to her totally," former President George W. Bush said during his father's funeral on Dec. 5, 2018. The younger Bush added, "Through our tears, let us know the blessings of knowing and loving you, a great and noble man. ... And in our grief, let us know that dad is hugging Robin and holding mom's hand again." Mrs. Bush's dedication to her husband and children is evident in the various anecdotes shared in Pearls of Wisdom. In the book, her granddaughter Lauren Bush Lauren writes that one lesson her "Ganny" taught her was to "be loyal." "My Ganny was loyal to my grandfather until the end. As they both got older, she would often say that she wanted to live one day longer than our Gampy," writes Lauren. "She wanted to be there for him, and when he was gone, she would be ready to go." While Mrs. Bush didn't get her wish, when she died at the age of 92 her longtime love was with her. "He held her hand all day today and was at her side when [she] left this good earth," a spokeswoman said in a statement at the time. President Bush was "broken-hearted" after his wife's death, according to the statement. But he and his kids took comfort knowing that they'd all meet again in heaven. "She truly believes there's an afterlife, that she'll be wonderfully received in the arms of a loving God," the younger President Bush told the Fox Business Network shortly after his mother's passing. "And therefore, did not fear death. And as a result of her soul being comforted on the deathbed, my soul is comforted." Pearls of Wisdom is on sale now. (People)

NASCAR driver Daniel Suarez felt the best way to honor Kobe Bryant was to give back ... so he's auctioning his personalized Kobe racing gear and donating the money to all the victims of the tragic accident. "I became a Kobe Bryant fan not for everything he did in the basketball world, but for everything he did on the outside," Suarez tells us. The 28-year-old says he admired the work Kobe did for the community and other athletes ... so when the tragedy happened on Jan. 26, he decided to honor him the way Mamba would want. "I really wanted to do something to honor him," Suarez says, "in a way to give back, like how he used to do it." Suarez hit up artist Salvador Amezcua to make the one-of-a-kind race gear ... and Amezcua tells us it only took 4 1/2 hours to make 'em that AWESOME! Suarez put the gloves and shoes up for auction after the Auto Club 400 race Sunday in California ... and the bids started rackin' up, with almost $5,000 in 48 hours!!! "I think the gloves and shoes were the perfect toast to do it and it's really great," Suarez added. "The auction is still going on, we still have a few more days and it's doing amazing. Way better than what we were expecting!" FYI -- the names of the nine victims were also displayed on his No. 96 Toyota Camry. After the auction ends on March 6, all the money will go to MambaOnThree -- a fund for all the victims' families. Suarez says that the #MambaMentality has set a higher standard for the athletes to get to the most elite level ... and he says he's striving for that success. (TMZ)

Bad news for health freaks planning to hit up Arnold Schwarzenegger's Sports Festival this weekend ... the event has been terminated due to the coronavirus. For now. The event in Columbus, OH is the country's biggest health and fitness expo ... where a quarter-million people gather every year to check out all the new equipment, apparel and nutrition booths. While there has only been one reported investigation into coronavirus in Ohio, Ah-nold wasn't willing to take any risks -- after all, it is a HEALTH expo. Schwarzenegger made the announcement via speakerphone at the Ohio Statehouse on Tuesday ... saying he hopes to reschedule the expo when the disease is under control. "The Coronavirus is dangerous and there are health risks involved," Arnold said. "We have biggest and best health and fitness festival in the world but we would never choose making money over people's health." Not all is lost, however ... the sports competitions (including weightlifting) will go on as scheduled, but fans will only be able to attend the Arnold Classic final. (TMZ)

DC Cancels March Comic Con Appearances Amid Coronavirus Concerns. The comics publisher says "the health and safety of our employees are always our primary concerns." As concerns over spread of the coronavirus continue, DC is canceling appearances at comic book conventions for the rest of the month. "As the health and safety of our employees are always our primary concerns, DC staffers will not be attending conventions during the month of March," a DC spokesperson said Tuesday in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "Future convention attendance will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, factoring in the latest information from a variety of organizations, including the CDC, WHO, U.S. State Department and local health agencies." March has dozens of comic conventions scheduled around the country, including Seattle's Emerald City Comic Con, which has seen a number of talent and companies already pull out ahead of its March 12-15 run. On Monday, Warner Bros. announced it had canceled the premiere for the animated DC movie Superman: Red Son, which was set to be held March 16 in New York. Sources say Marvel talent and execs never planned to attend Emerald Con, so the company had not issued any pullback. Looking ahead beyond this month, the next major convention will be WonderCon, which is slated to run April 10-12 in Anaheim. (Hollywood Reporter)

Protective mom mode. Nikki Bella and her twin sister, Brie Bella, are both expecting, and they are both worried about the coronavirus. "I know for Brie and I, we both [are] terrified," Nikki, 36, said during an appearance on The Talk on Tuesday, March 3, alongside her sibling. The fear of contracting the virus is real for the Total Bellas star because she has already been sick during her pregnancy. "Even early on in my pregnancy, I got Influenza B and I [have] never gotten the flu. It was terrifying and it was terrible," Nikki, who's expecting her first child with fiance Artem Chigvintsev, revealed during the show's "Celebrity Siblings Week." The former WWE wrestler -- who is 17 weeks pregnant -- continued saying, "I remember telling Brie that I would rather break my neck again than ever get the flu." The women claim they have a higher chance of getting sick during their pregnancies since they have "lower" immune systems and "can catch things a lot easier." Before switching topics, Nikki urged viewers to "stay at home" if they're sick. As of Tuesday, there have been more than 92,700 infected worldwide with the virus, The New York Times reported. In the U.S. alone, there are now more than 100 confirmed cases of the infection, with nine people dead. There have been 3,158 deaths around the world, with all but 213 cases occurring in China. The siblings, who announced that they were both expecting and due less than two weeks apart in January, shut down rumors last month that their growing families were planned by using IVF. "You guys, it's so ridiculous. Brie and I both did not do IVF," Nikki listeners during the February 19 episode of their podcast, "The Bellas Podcast." Although the duo are thrilled to be pregnant together, they noted that IVF is a "major" undertaking and one that neither sister underwent while trying to conceive. "We did not plan on being pregnant together," she explained. "I'm still in shock even though I'm really happy." Brie, who is also 36, is expecting her second child with husband Daniel Bryan, and that means she has double the things to worry about these days. "Now, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do two," Brie, who shares daughter Birdie, 2, with her husband, said during the podcast. "I got six more months to figure that shitt out." When it comes to their motherhood journeys, it's "just what God wanted," Nikki revealed at the time. "This is the way the universe worked." The timing does, however, make it more fun for the sisters to twin with their baby bump style and compare their growing stomachs every step of the way. "Today I am 18 weeks," Brie said via her Instagram Stories on February 24, while showing off her bump. "Look at this bump. Nicole, what are you?" Her sister replied that she's "16 and a half" weeks when Brie thought her bump looked "bigger," Nikki quipped, "It's not a competition." (US Weekly)

Shaquille O'Neal and His Hairline Go Viral After Lost Bet to Dwayne Wade. That's how he beat Shaq. Shaquille O'Neal lost a bet to Dwyane Wade and revealed the stakes during Tuesday's NBA on TNT pre-game show. The friendly wager was over a basketball game between the Milwaukee Bucks and the Miami Heat. While O'Neal predicted the Wisconsin-based team would win, it was actually the Florida-based squad that ended up securing a victory. Let's just say Wade made O'Neal pay. "I said, 'Well, what do you want me to do? Pay you?'" O'Neal recalled. "He said, 'No, you gotta let your hairline grow. We want to see your hairline looking like Kenny Smith.'" The 47-year-old athlete proved he's a man of his word. "I just lined it up for y'all, so y'all can see where my hairline starts," he said. "And I look good. And I'm proud to do it and I'm keeping it like this all week." He also showed he wasn't a sore loser. "All right, D-Wade. You win," he said while sporting the new 'do. He then reassured his fans they weren't going to hurt his feelings with their tweets about the viral look and told them he wanted to "see 'em all." Needless to say, his followers didn't hold back and there were a number of memes and comparisons in no time. Wade also wasn't afraid to rub it in. "Dare to bet against me," he wrote on Instagram along with a few laughing emojis. Luckily, O'Neal was able to laugh off the whole thing. To see his new style, check out the viral video. (Eonline)

Average Joes and Janes are digging deep into the family cookie jars to join jet-setters aboard private aircraft ... as fears of the COVID-19 bug spread far and wide. The super-rich aren't the only ones shelling out big coin to shake free of the sometimes cattle-herding experience called flying commercial. In fact, a bunch of private jet and charter plane brokerage corps told us people are coming in flocks to upgrade and fly private. Why? At the very least, traveling like a boss may offer some peace of mind as Coronavirus jitters mount. Paramount Business Jets is a worldwide brokerage company with access to over 15,000 certified private jets. When they're not braving missions to whisk passengers out of virus hot spots, like Hong Kong and Macau ... their crew and pilots don full coveralls and must to be quarantined once landing back in the U.S. As for why they'd do that ... they get hazard pay -- it's all part of the VIP treatment. "We're seeing a 300% increase -- even as early last night," Richard Zaher from Paramount told us. "There's a lot of people inquiring about private jets -- even people who can't quite afford it." A senior aviation adviser at Stratos Jet Charters, Inc., Kyle Jones, also claims many Main Streeters want to roll like balling Wall Streeters. "We're definitely seeing an influx of clients, for sure," the advisor said of his company, which serves as a middleman to 100 private jet operators who fly in and out of celeb hubs like Teterboro and Miami airports. He adds, "requests have gone up in the past couple weeks due to the coronavirus, and not necessarily with our regular fliers, but with people who maybe don't have the money, and don't normally fly private." The lion's share of asks are coming from executive assistants dialing the outfit to fetch quotes (starting at around $7,000 a seat). Angela Vargo -- a rep for the 4-year-old JSX -- which coined the Uber-esque tagline, "hop on jet service" -- noted that they are also witnessing piqued interest by customers angling for one of the 30 seats on their 23 Embraer 135 or 145 model planes. And, while she couldn't tie it directly to COVID-19, she did say flying private is a more viable travel option right now to quell most of the virus fears. Also, the company is rolling out intense sterilization techniques and its jets are stocking up on coronavirus must-haves. "We have big drums of hand sanitizer in all of our stations (interestingly the reorder is getting challenging because distributors are selling out)." (TMZ)

Super Tuesday Results: Cher, Bette Midler & Other Celebs Weigh In as Dems Vote. Night owls are in their element as the results from Super Tuesday are drip-fed to politicos well into the small hours. With just five Democratic candidates still in the game, there's a lot to stay up for. Bernie Sanders was the big winner on the night, taking California and snaring victories in his home state of Vermont, Utah and Colorado. In early returns, the AP reports Sanders took the led with 27 percent of the vote. Billionaire former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was in second place with 19 percent, ahead of former Vice President Joe Biden with 17 percent and Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren with 11 percent. Celebrities are among the sleepless, many of whom logged onto Twitter to offer their feelings on how their favorites had performed. (Billboard)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cave Fest 2020

Born On This Day...

Live Show 2-5pm Today Arizona Time - Music To Grill By