THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger is set to undergo heart surgery to replace a valve in his heart on Friday in New York.
- For the past five months, Dish subscribers have been unable to get HBO because of a contract dispute between the companies. Now, as "Game of Thrones" returns for a highly anticipated final season, customers are getting nervous. The satellite company has warned that there could be no deal by the premiere on April 14.
- Superstar magician David Blaine is under investigation by law enforcement in New York over allegations he sexually assaulted at least two women.
- Sony makes Aibo, a companion robot dog that you can buy for $2900 everywhere except Illinois. Because of its face-recognizing software, it's banned there.
- Leading the polls in the upcoming Ukraine presidential election, 41-year-old Volodymyr Zelenskiy, a comedian who plays a fictional president in a popular TV series. He has no political experience.
- "Inside Edition" host Deborah Norville is going to have surgery to remove a cancerous thyroid nodule that a viewer actually called to her attention.
- Winona Ryder confirms there is a "Beetlejuice 2" in the works.
- So you know, Toby from "This is Us" is the voice of the camel in the Geico commercials.
- Big week for Bryce Harper. The $330 million man returns with the Philadelphia Phillies to play in Washington, DC against the Nationals, his former team. On Monday, his wife announced that the couple has a baby boy on the way.
- Research finds consumer familiarity with video doorbells has increased by 57% over the past year. Video doorbells now have the fourth highest adoption rate among smart home products in the U.S.
- Joey Bosa of the L.A. Chargers is going to make an appearance in the final season of "Game of Thrones."
- They say that former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg may consider running for president if Joe Biden decides not to.
- Whole Foods is cutting their prices by 20% on a lot of items today, to make them more competitive.
- Prisoners in Washington state are no longer allowed to receive used books, because too many things were being smuggled in using them.
- The six Apollo missions that landed on the moon, left a total of 96 bags of human waste on the lunar surface.
- Alaska has seen 70 degree readings this week in a record heatwave.
- A new report says that the number of American adults not having sex is at an all-time high, especially for 20-something men.
- A study says Louisiana is the most stressed state.
Post a Comment