THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The University of Kansas is offering a course this fall called, "Angry White Male Studies."
- Brad Paisley took the controls of a backhoe to dig up the first pile of dirt in the space that will become a free grocery store to support needy families in Nashville.
- A friend of mine had to call a client in China yesterday and there was a message that they had the day off for "Tomb Sweeping Day." Absolutely true.
- Britney Spears has put her Las Vegas show on hold so that she can enjoy "some me time" and take care of her dad, who almost died from a ruptured colon last month.
- Celine Dion is back with an announce world tour and new album.
- Amber Rose is expecting baby number two.
- Diamondbacks right fielder Adam Jones pointed out a fan to security at San Diego's Petco Park the other night and had him thrown out of the stadium for abusive language.
- Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado, who has been considering a 2020 Democratic presidential bid, said Wednesday that he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.
- Gregg Popovich, the head coach of the San Antonio Spurs, set a record the other night. Referees kicked him out of the game only 63 seconds into it.
- Ellen Degeneres and George Clooney are calling for a boycott of the 9 hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei-including the Beverly Hills Hotel and the Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles-after that country began enforcing new Islamic laws that make gay sex and adultery punishable by stoning them to death.
- Tom Petty and his daughters are fighting over his estate. She's trying to release a 25th anniversary edition of 'Wildflowers' but is being blocked by his daughters.
- Soccer legend Pele has been hospitalized with a urinary tract infection.
- There's talk of a national gasoline tax. In Washington state, they're talking about a 31-cent a gallon tax.
- Signet Jewelers says they'll be closing another 150 stores.
- Wal-Mart and Target have both pounced on the departure of Babies R Us, creating baby registries, enhancing their websites and adding brands to their stores.
- West Virginians watch more TV than any other states.
- "Avengers: End Game" has set the new pre-sale record for movies.
Post a Comment