THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The publisher of the Skagway News in Alaska will GIVE you his newspaper if you promise to take it over and keep it going.
- In Italy, they studied 23,000 people in two groups -- those who ate chili peppers and those who didn't. Those who ate chili peppers had a 40% lower rate of heart attacks and 50% lower rate of strokes.
- Starbucks has apologized over claims two sheriff's deputies were ignored in a store.
- Attorneys say that January is a big month for filing for divorce. People make it through the holiday season and think, "Oh, it's got to be better than this!" and then make a change.
- Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of "The Simpsons." They made their debut on TV on December 17, 1989. Over 670 episodes later, they're still going.
- A couple in Muskogee, Oklahoma, used their Christmas lights to do a gender reveal. The pink lights indicate it's a girl.
- Chance the Rapper has canceled his 2020 tour to focus on his family.
- A similar move by Dan Reynolds, the lead singer for Imagine Dragons. He announced he's taking some time off from fronting the band in order to focus on being a dad, husband and friend.
- Hope Solo has announced that she's pregnant with twins, just months after announcing a devastating miscarriage.
- Kylie Jenner and Drake. Just sayin'.
- One of the holiday traditions one Michigan family has is getting out their 141-year-old fruitcake. Julie Ruttinger's great great grandmother, Fidelia Ford, baked the cake in 1878 and died before it could be eaten. So, the family just kept it in her memory.
- Mexico is raising their minimum wage 20%, which will put it at $6.50 an hour.
- There's a big strike in France these days-no school, no trains, the Eiffel Tower closed until its settled.
- A school bus with 30 students from a Middle School in Florida had to be evacuated after a student emptied an entire can of Axe Body Spray into the air.
- Seattle is one of three airports in the country that are going to issue special passes that will allow non-passengers terminal access so you could see people off... or greet them, just like the old days.
- Charlotte, North Carolina, was named as the city getting the 30th MLS team. Phoenix and Las Vegas were in the running.
- Believe it or not, Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas" is you has hit the number one spot on the Billboard charts for the first time in its 25-year-history.
- Amazon has told their sellers that they are not allowed to use FedEx for shipping packages. Amazon claims it's because they don't feel FedEx can guarantee rapid delivery.
- An actor nabbing some nice roles lately is Duke Nicholson-yes, Jack's grandson. Watch for him.
Post a Comment