THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Terrifying rumors initially propelled by Facebook's algorithms have sparked fears that men driving white vans are kidnapping women all across the United States for sex trafficking and to sell their body parts. Not true.
- NBC has launched an investigation into "America's Got Talent."
- New federal data shows that there are 422.9 million firearms in circulation, or about 1.2 guns for every person in the country. What's more, despite years of criticism of modern "assault-style" rifles such as the AR-15 and AK-47, there are a record 17.7 million in private hands, proving that it is the most popular gun around.
- Political advisor Dick Morris is predicting that Hillary Clinton will wait for Joe Biden to drop out, then will announce she's running for president.
- If you haven't heard of Billie Eilish yet, you will. Apple has just paid $25 million to do a documentary on the singer.
- Kanye West and Joel Osteen are going to take over Yankee Stadium on May 2 next year, for one big church service.
- On Wednesday, Justin Timberlake took to social media to apologize to his wife, Jessica Biel, and to their son, for his "strong lapse in judgment" that resulted in some tabloid pictures of him and the co-star of his next movie holding hands.
- A new report says that the U.S. is the 8th most spammed country in the world and that robocalls increased by 35% this past year. I believe it.
- KFC has brought back their fried-chicken-scented fireplace log for the holiday season. Available at Walmart.com for $18.99, which includes free two-day shipping.
- CBS and Viacom are now officially one company.
- Ariel Winter went on Instagram to show off her new ink and nose ring.
- Demi Lovato is teasing that she has new music on the way... again.
- The San Francisco 49ers have suspended broadcaster Tim Ryan for saying on the radio Monday that Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson has an advantage in faking handoffs because of his "dark skin with a dark football."
- Johnny Galecki and his girlfriend Alaina Meyer announced the birth of their son Avery on social media Wednesday. For the record, he's 44, she's 22.
- Emma Stone is engaged to her boyfriend, "Saturday Night Live" segment producer David McCary.
- New York City has fallen out of the top 10 for world tourist destinations.
- In case you didn't know, the cost of filling Macy's parade floats with helium is more than $500,000.
- A study says it takes an annual salary of $320,000 to be happy in San Francisco.
Post a Comment